Songfic: Living with Depression

A brand new skirt and view through the window

You sit in your rocking chair at your home, your elbow on the window's pane. You have a book in your lap but you're not reading. You're staring at the distant castle. Before you know it, your entire palm is pressed against the window's cold glass.

Any place, any place, any place

On or beyond the road

You can feel the cold wind making it's ways to your cheeks as you start blushing a light red color. The way to the castle was long but always your favorite. It was your favorite for two reasons; one being the long quiet days where you travel it, second being the prize. Of course, the prize is Maven.

Any phrase, any phrase, any phrase

I'd like through lightless mornings

Maven is the light you love. You love seeing him, you love hearing his voice. And it's the same vice versa. You were always the cute little red who likes to wait outside for him. Sometimes you don't think about breathing, sometimes you wish your heart never beaten. But whenever you think that you think about Maven's face, and it motivates you to work a little bit harder.

Getting up from your rocking chair, you place the book by the window. Time to pretend to read later. That's what you like doing. 

That person fallen broken

You pretend to do a lot of things all the time. You are a jack of trait but a master of none. That's how you've been all of your life. You want to be perfect, you want to know how to do everything. But you just can't.

I'll pencil in emotions today

You go to your calendar, a marker to your mouth. It's been two days since you've seen Maven. It's been two days since you've eaten. Is Maven alive? Is he well? Man, you hope so. You don't know what you would do without him.

I paint each day gone gray with a rainbow

Maybe you should see Maven soon. Wouldn't that be fun? You'd need to pack a basket and get your cloak. That just takes too much work. Maybe you will tomorrow.

Kindness blessed my life, and I

Didn't note it's price, pressured others to be nice. Ah

You put an X on today. Nothing. Maybe you should eat. A knock on your door makes you jump out of your skin. Eating goes to another day. You walk downstairs with a small frown as you open the door. Maven stood there, a small smile on his lips. Maven has only been to your house a few times by your lead. You're surprised he even remembers where you live. Are you that important?

Maven enters with food in his hands. Foods you've never even seen before.

I really believed that we

Both shared the same despair, and I truly saw the cause of your cries

"Hey," you whisper. He turns to you before placing the food down on your counter. His face was curious, so cute. When you hug him it feels like heaven. Nothing else can match this feeling. He hugs back, his hands warm. 

"Thank you."

"You deserve it," he responds. You feel the lump in your throat as you try not to cry. It's so hard not to.

Through all, you've survived

To me that means more than words can describe

When you pull away from him you turn your back while wiping away your tears.

"Thank you so much." You repeat with a laugh. Maven grabs you from behind and pulls you close to him, your back against his chest.

...See, I think it finally hit me

In his grip, you turn around. His eyes are bright and his lips are slightly parted. You place a hand on his cheek. Whatifthisgoeswrongwhatifthisgoeswrong. You kiss him, pulling him closer. Might as well get over it.

Between depression and glee

That I want to keep on living