Songfic Series 8: Witch Hunt

"Come now, gather around!" A voice called out. It was louder for you than most people. You couldn't move your hands, your wrists tied to a cross. I guess this is your punishment for all of the killings you've done all through your life.

"Behold such a saddening tale" When Jon saw his future if he continued staying with you he got interested, looking further. He saw mass genocide. He saw pain, suffering, and torture. He saw a world where there was no peace. This is the right thing, he's telling himself. This is the right thing

"Come now, leave not behind your handkerchief - it may keep you well." The priest called out to the citizens. You were tied up on display for the entire town to see. This is pathetic, you thought. This is how you'll die?

Ah yes, she came to love a young prince. 

The priest knows who you are, she knows how you love Maven all-too-much. The priest is a newblood, able to read people's past other than future.

Love bounding through every hour joy lights a new day

Maven... Maven should come save you. He heard news of your death, but is this the right thing? He holds his hands to his face. You're an unforgiving soul who kills thousands but... he loves you. What should he do, oh, what should he do?

Tied me tight to a cross, I look longing at the sky

You wish there were stars. Lord knows how you wish there were stars. Instead, you got the blue sky. Too bright to see those charmers that kept you safe.

"Penitence for your crime! Penitence for your life!" The citizens call out. The priest smiles, loving the attention she's getting. 

"Are you ready to pray to the lord?" The priest asks you, not even looking in your direction.

"If I pray, who will hear? I am drowning in their cheers. Devotion turned to dusty tombs." You spit at her, shaking your head. Death seems so close, so beautiful. Being released from this world in a painful demise. Something so fitting for (Y/N) (L/N).

"Let it light, let it burn out bright and with it all your spite." The priest commands loudly, pointing a finger at you. You close your eyes, breathing slowly. Blasted Jon for ratting you out. You ain't no witch.

"Feel now the weight of death and soon..." The priest whispers to you before grabbing ahold of a torch. You close your eyes.

Come now, open your eyes look up to the flames in the sky

No

Is all you can think, over and over.

No

NoNo.

 Come now, do not forget those embers are the final judge.

Breathing heavily, you open your eyes and look up. The fire is a pain you never thought you'd feel. The sensation of it destroying your skin then the tissue is unimaginable. 

You scream.

You've never screamed before.

"Hear the witch crying louder, as she's tied up to her eyes!" The priest calls out. The crowd roars back, listening to your screams. 

Virtue you couldn't keep turns to vice

You open your eyes wide, gazing at all of the crowd. In that, you see Maven far beyond in the distance. He rides a cycle, making his way to you.

"Can't believe all the fools I see! You fed them dirty lies!" You scream out to them, whipping your head around. Your legs, numb, black, gone.

Searing flames rising higher as the sun begins to die

You feel the weight of death, it feels like pain. You feel oozy, the pain no longer keeping you awake.

Like a flame burning bloody red and tearing into sky

The fire rose, tearing you up. When Maven finally reached the crowd it was too late. He was panting, his anger only making the heat rise more.

Take these tears, tell their story and please don't forget to cry

Feel now the weight of death and lies