One Shot: The More You Sing prt. 1

(here's a creepypasta fanfiction I wrote in 6th grade but now it has Maven

so it's 100x better

There's hella Parapsychologist references in here, see if you can find it lmao)

"Another lonely, lonely day." You said to no one. You were walking in the deep forest, trees all around with sun rays peeking through trees. Leaves were falling from the harsh winds, and the branches were reaching down to grasp whoever came to close. Your masters always seem to send you on extreme missions, some for executing people who disobey and most for stalking criminals way stronger than you. Odd over even, now you have to find a weird cannibal in the forest. You pulled the dark shaw wrapped around your shoulders closer to you, the cold air getting to you, as the sky darkened my mind made up images in the shadows.

"Young gals taste the best~" a raspy male voice said from behind you, it followed with a low chuckle. You jumped from your place and turned around. It was a man indeed, he was tall and muscular. His mouth was wide open with bloody sharp teeth, flesh hung from them. His clothes and hands were drenched with blood, along with a black liquid under his nails. Your face recoils at the sight of him. 

"I'm 20, that's not young." You crossed your arms. He smiled at your comment, grinding his teeth together violently. I should probably sing a song spell to hold him back, you thought as you reached into your messenger bag to pull out a silver gadget. The gadget is a device used to make an invisible shield. You cast the spell while stepping back. 

"Water falls,

Cold and all

Water will drown

While raining down

And dodge the soul

Who's worth the told."

You're a singer. During one of your missions, you found a bunch of scribes that told of spells and what they do. You memorized every single one of them. You sang loudly as the wind started blowing harder, and clouds formed over the woods, dropping big cold raindrops over him. A raindrop fell on his arm, ice forming in a beautiful manner, grasping his arm in an icy cage. His arm bent in an odd way, causing him to spill out a scream of pain. You enjoyed casting spells that require you to not do anything. Once he was nearly frozen you called the spell off. That was easy. 

"Should I just leave you here, buddy? You are sure to die before that thing even melts!" You exclaim to him as you knock on the ice. You laugh at yourself. Time to go back. You turned around, walking to report your findings to Julian.

While you walked back, you could swear you heard other footsteps. But you shrugged it off as usual. Your chose of dress wasn't too keen about the cold weather, you'd admit. You wore pure light cloth with a black parasol was hanging from your back for offense. You got close to the castle. A chill ran down your spine as you stopped, bending your knees and getting down to the ground, clenching your invisibility ring. The ring was the shape of a black rose with diamonds as leaves. It was an item a witch gave to you when you freed her from her own spell. You have a lot of trinkets, what if there's a place you can put them?

Once you got there you opened the big doors, still invisible. You try your best not to make any sounds. The lights were on there were people walking around. You still try to avoid being in their eye's main spots. You've snuck into this castle many times and already know where the creaks were. And then, you pass the rooms. Across from the rooms are windows, which are your weakness while being invisible. When you're invisible, your shadow truly shows only through real sunlight. Julians is far from where you are heading, this is torture

A door close to you opened so suddenly. You cursed to yourself, trying to think of a spell you could cast to get out of this mess. As someone walked out, not looking your way, you ducked to the floor, running over to the wall as they walked closer. Turning back visible, you whisper a spell to yourself to give you the ability to climb walls. You climbed and held your breath, blending into the vertex of the ceiling. Your left hand grasped the ceiling as your right hand clenched your spell bag. You imagine Elara watching you, waiting for you to fail. Maybe this is her test, seeing what would happen if this went right or wrong. 

The girl who walked out of the room had long silver hair and a long metal dress. She straightened herself, then turned to you. She squinted as she tensed. She was staring right into your eyes. Shit. You climbed down the wall, knowing that you were caught. You slowly walked over to Julian's room, making eye contact with her, whispering the spell to make her forget. This spell had words that seemed to be made up on the spot, so you had to focus deeply. But of course, you messed up. You messed up right when your hand reached Julian's door knob. Smirking, you turned it quickly and ran into his room, closing the door quickly yet quietly. You sunk down to the ground, leaning on the door.  You sighed, resting your head on your knees. What's going to happen?

"Are you okay?" Julian asked you, noticing your presence. You don't look up to him.

"Evangeline saw me." You whined. God damnit.