Songfic: Unhappy Refrain

The sound of my singing breaks apart

Along time ago you tried speaking, you absolutely tried. Something happened to your voice. You just woke up like this, almost alone in the castle. As a singer it hurt you. But now, you've gotten used to it. Unable to speak.

It wasted so much of my time

One day you lay awake during the night. Tired and alone you get from the bed. Barefoot, you exit your room. It's still dark outside, but the hallways are surprisingly dark for this time. You decide to walk to your love interest, Maven's, room. It takes awhile as you sleepily rub your eyes. 

I cannot dare to let you go

You knock on Maven's door lightly, praying he's awake. He opens the door rather quickly. He's half-dressed, looking like he's been awake for long. Its confuses you as you look him up and down. His lips are tightly together as he opens the door wider, motioning for you to come in. With a small nod you enter his room. 

So now should I welcome all that is to come?

On Maven's bed is a buttload of writing and books, it looks like he's been hard at work. Maven beats you to walking over to them. He grabs them in what seems to be an order as he placed them on his desk. You briefly get a glance at the words on the pages. It's about Elara, his mother. You click you tongue as you quickly walk up to Maven. He turns around and towers over you. Your hand goes onto his bare chest as you kiss his cheek.

I'm not missing anything. Not anymore.

He is taken aback but he pulls away. You want to see more of the writings, but Maven's body covers them. With a gruffled noise escaping your throat you crawl onto his bed. He stares at you before sitting next to you.

If I see what I should see, then is it happy?

You look at the papers, it's a big pile. About a novel's length of papers hand written and printed. Mavens hand went under your chin as he makes you look at him. He kisses you. Even though it feels sweet, you think something is misses. Your hand goes onto his shoulders as you pull him back. You look him in the eyes. He looks sad, so lost and worried. 

No, no, you thought, this is all his mothers doing. You stroke his cheek, him stiffing. Such an evil woman.

"Stop it," he mutters as he quickly leans out of your touch. He hair falls onto his face.

Those words

They didn't mean a thing!

You shake your head, taking both of his cheeks into your hands. You kiss him lightly, climbing on top of him. He grabs your waist as he lays down with you against his body. 

But it seems like we both misunderstood anyways

You put your head in his neck, biting his flesh. He sighs as he turns his head the opposite way, giving you more access. 

My singing voice broke apart

Wavering within the ticking time

His hands travel up and down your back. It's quiet, and you're lost in your thoughts. Your thoughts always run since you're voice went away. It's like your brains speaking for you.

You waste too much of your time against Maven.

But it's so hard to let him go.

You should just except whatever life gives you instead of running to him.

You're not covering your eyes to life anymore. You always run to Maven because of your weakness, he was so strong compared to you. Maybe you should be stronger, will he love you more?

Bad dreams continue haunting me.

You bite harder. His back arches. He likes the feeling of your teeth against him.

How could you say that it's happy?

Awake at 4am with lost and hallow eyes.

You pull back, looking him in the eyes. His entire face is silver, he looks embarrassed. You're happy you got his mother out of his head, even for a little bit.

Will it be happy?