Songfic: The Distortionist

(Modern Insane Maven AU)

Tears laced with cyanide flow through the cracks of a

Mirror shattered long ago.

You hold a child's weapon in your hand, swinging it back and forth with a cherry flavored lollipop in your mouth. 

The baseball bat is metal with blood stains towards the end.

And, sure, I'm the one who swung the metal bat

But, hey, I can't control the urge!

A watch around your neck, holding your throat tightly together. Making sure you don't breathe. A monster like you doesn't need to anyways. You pull the lollipop from your lips with a smack, looking upon the beautiful mess you made. Blood and decapitated heads are scattered around the gymnasium, the school's population of students mostly dead.

Nobody's gonna blame me for that

You turn to your boyfriend, Maven, who just stares with emotionless eyes. A beautiful masterpiece. A scatter blood party of misery. You and Maven's shoulders almost touch as you lean close to him, a big smile on your face.

"How'd ya' like that, huh?" You ask him before putting the lollipop back in your mouth, "beautiful isn't it?"

The details never safe or sound

The truth projected through a lens

Maven doesn't bother looking at you, still taking in the scene. 

"Everything you do is always beautiful," he mutters under his breath. His hair is brushed out of his face but there is still a shadow of evil over his eyes.

With nothing proving otherwise

Maven turns to you in a flash, grabbing the lollipop from your mouth. He holds the paper in between two fingers, tossing it to the side. He grabs your body with rough hands, pulling you close to him. You try not to tremble. It only makes him madder.

Now take the time to realize

Despite what you believe

"Where will you take us next?" Maven whispers to you, his hands fiddling with the watch around your neck. You gulp against it, reaching your hand to grab it.

The victim of a massacre 

You try to speak but Maven's hands tighten around you, eager for more power. 

Was none other than poor me

You wonder what timeline you met Maven in. Was it the futuristic one? Was it the medieval one? It's all a blur now. You met Maven when he was at his lowest, searching for whatever thing he can grab onto. You just happened to be reaching out your hand. Instead of grabbing your love he grabbed your clock, using your multiple timelines to start disasters and fear.

Surely you can see the problem

Maven's hand release you, his lips finding yours as he kisses you softly. The taste of cherry lingers on his lips after he pulls back. You scoff as you grab your clock and with a swift hand his fingers too. With the swirl of the clock's hands, you fly back home to the time you belong in. The year is 1524 and you lived in a large brick-made house that once belonged to your father. Nuremberg, Germany is the place you once lived with your locksmith father Peter Henlein. When you turned 4 your father gave you a small pocketwatch that you kept until 33 years later when he died. It was the very first pocket watch he ever made. You found the pocket watch again and wept on it. That's when you found out it could make you travel time.

I don't wanna lose my own reflection

You stand in front of your door with Maven at your side. 

"I don't get why you wanna kill people 'lots." You say quietly, walking into your empty home. Maven chuckled, "we don't always have to kill." He whispers mischievously.

Whimsical, dear, your lies are clear

Now, who the hell would've ever guessed?

You turn around quickly, surprised. "Now, who are you and what did you do to Maven?" You tease with a smile. He places his arms around your waist, putting his face close to yours. You place your fingertips on his biceps before kissing him.

Play my games and abide my ways

There's no way you can compensate 

Your claws dig into his arms as he deepens the kiss. You growl, your sharp front teeth drawing blood out of his tongue.

A monster, monster, monster, monster

After all the times you've spent traveling time your appearance started to change, starting to become more monster-like. You almost completely look like the thing you feared was under your bed.

I'm a monster, monster, monster, monster

You pull back, starring at him with your piercing eyes. He smiles evilly. He loves his monster girl.

Now you're the monster.

You pull away from him, turning around and shaking your head.

"I'm sorry you cut your tongue." You whisper shyly as you rub your arm. He follows you as you walk upstairs.

The odds against your favor

Forever

Maven is quick as he observes your movements. Your thin devil's tail swings back and forth in mischief as you lead him somewhere. He smiles. He does love his monster girl, no matter what you look like. To him, you'll always be beautiful. He doesn't know how to express his love.

This isn't what it looks to be

I'm not as cruel as you see me.

You smile as you open the door to your bedroom, leading him in. You feel excited as you sit him on the edge of your bed. The moment feels unbelievable. Your hands run down and up his body as he places his head against your chest. You stand in front of him, his hands on your thighs as you brush your claws through his hair. Beautiful, absolutely amazing he is.

Take the time to realize

Despite what you may see

The mirrors cracked themselves

And I was cut on the broken shards

You place a small kiss on his head before pushing him back, his body laying on the bed. You smirk as you crawl on top of him. He licks his lips, watching you. Your claws met his shoulders as you kiss him, his hands on your back.

And how I bled

Your tongue goes basically down his throat as he groans, dragging his nails up your back.

The smile no one ever saw

He smiled an evil smile as he threw you on the bed next to him, crawling on top of you. He kissed you roughly as he groped your chest, laughing as he did so.

Madness, it's madness

Oh, it's sickening

It's sickening

You sigh when he pulled away. He kissed down your neck, leaving love bites as he did. You gripped the bedsheets before ripping them accidentally.

And, sure, I'm the one who swung the metal bat

But, hey, I can't control the urge!

Nobody's gonna blame me for that.

He pulled away, his mouth going to the clock under my chin.

"So where are we going next?"