Songfic: Your Reality

Everyday, I imagine a future where I can be with you

You sit on your bed with your knees supporting a notebook. You flip through the pages as you try to find the right poem to present tomorrow. You're the owner of a literature club and everyday you find a poem you have written to share with others. That's the activity you assigned to get everybody to talk to each other. You're not used to sharing your writing, nobody is. But the people in the club are close to you and you're willing to open up like this. You've written so much, it's hard just to choose one poem. Maybe you should write another one only for this occasion. Would that be the best?

In my hand is a pen that will write a poem of me and you

The poem should be spaced and should be about something personal. You close your eyes, thinking. What can I write about? An imagine flashes in your head before you can truly process it. Maven. Maven Calore, a fellow member of the literature club. A new one, at that. Ever since you first saw him you knew you liked him. You've had him in your class last year but you never paid attention to him. Seeing him reading in the club swirls something inside of you, making you feel something you wish you didn't.

Usually, you set your standards higher than the normal person. You set yourself high and believe you can achieve a lot. An introvert like Maven isn't the dream man you want for yourself. Your heart is going against your brain, you feel like you want him.

The ink flows down into a dark puddle

You grip the pen tighter. Should you be writing about him? Can you write about him? It will hurt, but it's fine. You begin to write, flowing your feelings into rhymes and lines. You know that eventually you'll have to share this poem with him. Will he know it's about you? Will he understand?

Just move your hand - write your way into his heart!

You're a popular girl: you're in the student council and debate club, you are always the top of your class, ext.. You fully expect Maven is appreciate how beautiful somebody like you is, inside and out. You try to be happy around him, make him fall for you. He sets no indication that he even notices you aside from the basic greetings. You feel like holding tight to whatever interaction he gifts you with.

But in this world of infinite choices

What if Maven likes somebody else in the club. Like Iris, a young quiet girl who drinks her tea in the corner. Or Heron, the happy girl who is capable of getting everybody's attention. What can you do to top them? How do you know if you're even Maven's type? Nonsense, you're everybody's type.

What will it take just to find that special day?

You hope tomorrow when Maven reads your poem, he'll express how impressed he is with your writing style. Maybe he'll even consider being friends with you. Just you... Just (Y/N). He'll love only you.

Have I found everybody a fun assignment to do today?

The next day you wonder if sharing the poem is enough to fill the hour, you only have 5 members, including yourself. When you think about it, it reminds you of how ecstatic everybody was when Maven joined. Mare was the one who brought him in, they have been friends for awhile. Heron made cupcakes, it was so fun. Maven really enjoyed it. That's all that matters, really. Maven joined right away. At first, sure, it could have been only for Mare. It seems now that he really is happy coming here after school everyday.

When you're here, everything that we do is fun for them anyway

The people love hanging around with Maven, maybe because he's the only boy there. Heron never seems too satisfied with impressing him.