One Shot: Icy

Maven held your hand, kissing it. It felt like your fingertips were melting. He shuddered at your touch, your skin leaving him breathless.

"(Y/N) (L/N) of House Gliacon." He repeated with an airy voice.

"Maven Calore of House Calore." You jokingly replied while curtsying. He chuckled, grabbing your hand again. His heat traveled through your body, surprising you once again.

"Let us dance." He pulled you to the dance floor before you could reply. You stumbled a bit, but he pulled you against him. His warmth made you weak, made you want to run away back to the ice. He smiled down at you, his smile gentle and soft. He had the sweetest smile. But suddenly he was pulled away from you, another princess wanting the prince. An auburn blue eyed girl. Heron Welle. Eh.

You let out a sharp exhale before turning around and walking away from the dancing crowd. "Stupid, stupid, stupid." You mumbled before heading towards the door. You were ready to leave. Before you could walk out the door a grey hand stopped you, blocking your way. You looked up to the hand's owner, who was sipping a glass of wine. His red eyes squinted at you.

"Don't leave," he took his time speaking, "just wait." He took awhile to move his hand out of your way. You snickered, about to walk out before two warm hands grabbed your waist and stopped you. You turned around and was met with two beautiful blue eyes.

"Sorry," he muttered out. You were confused but didn't question it.

"Have fun at the Queenstrial." He said as he smiled again. You laughed. "I'll have fun losing." You admitted. He looked displeased.

"No matter if you marry my brother or not, you're always a winner to me." He whispered before kissing the top of your head. You blushing, his warmth lingered on your forehead.

"Maven," the voice of the terrifying Elara called out, "it's time to leave." You looked around. The room was nearly empty, the joy died down. Maven turned, giving an apologetic smile.

"I'll see you again." He insisted. You only nodded as you watched him walk away.