The Flower We Saw That Day: Super Peace Busters

(Based on anime Ano Hana

It is literally 10:50 today

And tomorrow is my birthday party

What am I doing)

Super Peace Busters

Maven lays in his room, his hair crazy and his eyes tired. His back is cushioned by the expensive mattress of a bed. He's happy this way. Sitting next to him in a person. A person that was once known as (Y/N). (Y/N) is a thing that only Maven can see.

(Y/N) whines audibly as she puts her hands on Maven's chest, shaking him.

"Get up, get up Mavey!" You chant loudly. He justs stares at the ceiling, wondering if he's insane. He groans loudly before sitting up, his back popping in the process. Sometimes, you annoy him, and he wishes you would just disappear. You two have discussed this before. Due to legend, you have unfinished business in this world and that's how you're still here. You recalled once before that you have a dream of all your childhood friends to come together again. You, Maven, Mare, Samson, Iris, and Kilorn used to always hang out when you all were children. One day, something bad happened.

There's a sudden knock on the door that causes Maven to run out of bed. You watch him leave the room, and you just sit back. You sigh, looking around the room. Everything is the same since you were children. Maven is a teenager know, and so are you, physically. But mentally, you're still the children you died as.

When you hear the voice of a person you long remember, you mimic Maven's actions of running out the door. Mare was standing at the door with her arms crossed. Her brows were furrowed as she talking to Maven. In his hand, a bunch of papers. Homework. He hasn't left his house for a while, he's been accompanying you. 

You stand behind Maven, grabbing his shirt as you look at Mare. She has barely grown, still the small girl you know. Her hair is longer, and her eyes are dark.

"Whatever, I'll see you later." She says. You almost reach out, but hold yourself back. You know she won't feel it. Maven closes the door and looks at the papers. 

"You should do those," you say quietly. He just drops them on the floor before walking back to his room. You want to shove them in his hands, but you know it won't do anything to him. He won't listen to you.

"Mavey!" You call out. It's quiet in the house. When Maven walks, his footsteps are audible. Yours are not. You run into his room like you always do before jumping onto his bed. He stands up, staring at you. 

"That's dangerous," he says. His voice is deep and rough from the hours he's spent sleeping. He honestly is a mess. But he cares about you, and he watches you like you were his daughter. He feels bad for what happened that day, he feels like it was his fault. It was the summer and the stream was the fastest it's been. Mare found a hidden shack in the woods that wasn't too bad-looking. Kilorn was the one who brought all of you together to form a group. The Super Peace Busters. It was Maven, you, Kilorn, Mare, Evangeline, and Samson and nobody else. You all would walk along the bridge and always hang out in that certain shack. You guys were children and would bring small snacks, always having the most fun.

He accidentally hurt your feelings one day. You took him aside, the wind blowing in your hair. You asked him if he liked you. He didn't know how to respond. He was shocked, he was scared. He didn't answer. You took that as a no. And you ran off. He wanted to apologize, but you died in an accident before he could.

You still continue to jump, looking around the room as the bed increases in noise. As you look out the window, you see a butterfly landing on the window pane. Before you know it, your foot hits the end of the bed, and you begin to fall. 

It's like everything is happening in slow motion. Maven's eyes widen as he acts quick. His heart beats faster. Can you die as a ghost? Will he lose you again? Instead of you landing in his arms, he lands face first on the floor. The pain is hard. He looks up. You are standing there, looking down at him. You never even hit the floor. 

Maven is hit with a similar feeling, some form of embarrassment and love. He groans, placing his head back on the floor.