Maven X Reader: Heartfelt/2

'Ah, yes.

This is the day (as I write this again) is the day I met my beloved Maven. September 18th, 2013. I knew that when he first talked to me he was madly in love (with me, of course!). He asked me if I wanted to rule the world.

"You certainly look like an angel with the hidden face of a devil." Maven flirted. He held a traditional red cup with booze in it in his hand as he looked at you. You laughed, amazed at how beautiful he looked in the light.

"Is that a compliment?" Your eyes move from his to around the room, taking in the drunk teenagers. You made eye contact with Mare, who held a nasty look on her face. Was she jealous? Why on earth would she be jealous? Unless she had a crush on him... 

"Only if you want it to be, devil-girl." He snarled, looking at Mare like you were. He began walking to her, away from you. Interesting. She smiled at you. Evil bitch. She probably knew you liked him too. You have to take him away from her. She doesn't deserve him. 

Mare, I live up to the day I take absolutely everything you love and cherish. I want to watch you burn. One day, I will kill you. I'll squash you under my shoe like a bug.'

When you finish the last sentence you smiled. 

"Wow, (Y/N), you're so good at writing!" You exclaimed to yourself. Every day you rewrote the moment. I guess now you don't have to write about him when you have him with you. You glanced at the floor, looking at the extra notebook for Maven. 

With a yawn, you walked over to your closet and took out a blanket. You laid down next to Maven, placing the blanket over you two as you snuggled close to him. His body warmth comforted you in a weird way. That's why you wanted your boy's alive, their warmth. The warmth symbolizes hope, hope for your relationship. His warmth, the red and orange and yellow, is the sun. The shining life living for you. You don't care if they die for you, you just want them to live for you. Live with hope for another day. Live with warmth.

A deep groan knocked you out of your almost-asleep state. You immediately grabbed the knife from the other side of the bed. Placing it on his neck, you watched his blue eyes open. Once he felt the cold steel his eyes went wide. His eyes went to you, he let out a breath. Almost like he suspected you. 

"(Y/N), put down the knife." The sound of your name from his lips sounded amazing, you almost listened to him. You imagined fear being in his emotionless voice; him being scared of you is the best advantage you'll have. But he showed no such tone. 

"I'll put the knife down," you eye his lips, "I trust you." Imagine kissing him. Oh boy, he must be a good kisser. Maven knew how strong you were. He understood that if you really wanted to kiss him, you would.

"Trust me? What am I going to do? You have me -" he tried moving his hands against the cuffs "- stuck here." He almost sounded hopeless. Almost. You listened with amusement, removing the knife from him with a laugh. You placed it on the nightstand next to you.

"That's what I wanted to hear." You admit with a smile. Maven was quiet for awhile, not moving. He just starred. You wondered what he was thinking, how his beautiful mind worked.

"Is this," he paused to gulp, "is this where Kilorn is?" He asked with ease. He didn't even look at your beautiful face when you answered, how rude.

"You seem oddly calm about this situation." You point out, ignoring his question. You crawled on top of him, your knees at both sides of his hips.

"I know you respect me, I know you, (Y/N). I can tell." He starts. You listen closely, enjoying how he talks about you.

"You didn't take off my, selective article of clothing. I feel like you don't have the heart to hurt me." He explains. You nod along with him, laughing a bit. 

"I just don't want you to hate me," you whisper. You put your fingers to your lips in an innocent matter, looking down at him with puppy eyes. When you spoke you softened your voice. He'll definitely love you like this.

"I don't fall for tricks like that, I know them too well." He scoffs at your actions. You smile softly, humming in agreement. Of course, of course. You lowered your body on top of him, your chests touching ever so softly. He managed to not move away nor look at you as you covered his body with yours. 

"Look at me," you whisper to his ear, "you don't want to end up like Kilorn, do you?" You smile as you see him look at you in the eyes. Your hands were rested on his shoulders, your head close to his neck. You place a hand on his hip suddenly, never breaking eye contact.

"You didn't respond like the smartass you are. I guess I broke your spirit." You teased, noticing his silence. Is he scared? Is he scared of how far down your hand will go? He didn't say anything after that, he just grunted and looked away from you. He wasn't like Kilorn. Kilorn was weak and scared, Maven knows you too well to not test you. But one thing they will soon have in common? You'll break both of them. 

Kilorn was the best experiment you've ever conducted. He screamed a lot... but he was a great participant. His spirit was based on others. When you confined him all by himself he just became empty.

You lay your head on Maven's chest, listening to his heartbeat. He is so calm, not showing his fear. It is so fascinating. He knows you don't want to hurt him. You were under his spell and you were okay with that. You loved him very much, you didn't want to fight. But... you believed in punishment.