Songfic: Sand Planet

(Pure)

Down the drain, another storm is coming today

You breathe heavily as you run, the moist sand sticking to your bare feet. You run past life you never knew existed, you run past plants that can't grow anywhere else, and you run past the raging storm that swallowed you as you slept. Your hair is soaked and your bone mask is wet. You wear natural animal skin, showing any passerbyers your constant need for clothing. You were dropped into the desert by Elara when you threatened to execute her, and then fought back. It just happened one day. She must have thought you were a normal red. She must have thought that as a servant, you wouldn't do anything. She was wrong. And she was wrong to throw you into a desert, as you are a newblood, and you can control sand. 

Sounds the same, we're barely living, fading away

And as the rain began to get heavier and heavier, you start to slide off your feet, turning your body sideways to ride the sand like a skateboard as you kept your hands in front and behind you. You can see the sun and the same place the clouds end. It's so close, yet so far away. You hate the feeling of getting wet, yet this cold water is a refreshment. For the desert, it does rain a lot. You can use this free water. You are used to cutting open cacti with your bare hands and drinking that, but the normal fresh clouds are what can ruin or make your day. 

In the end, our fate is fading, are we all dead?

Once you reach the area unscathed by rain, you dive to the hot, steaming sand. It's refreshing against your body. You practically bury yourself in it, trying to raise your body heat. Rain has never felt good for you, especially when you wake up in it. 

You look up at the sky, lifting your hand up to block your eyes from the beaming sun. You don't understand why you don't just give up. Why haven't you just laid down and stopped getting up? Why do you push yourself every morning? Is it for just the experience? One day, do you want to get saved?

A star came up for us but no, we couldn't touch 

You spread your arms out, stretching yourself before your hand makes contact with something hard. You retreat, spinning onto your stomach and you crouch in an attack position. Through the skull you wear in front of your eyes, you can see an almost buried body in the sand. It is still breathing, but with as fast as the storm is coming, won't survive much longer. You look behind you. The storm is not so close, yet not so far. 

Slowly, you begin to crawl towards the human being. They are tall, much taller than you, and not as nutrient as they should be. You can see their socks pointing out from the sand like cacti. You crawl until you shade their head with yours, viewing it without the sun on it. You haven't seen a human in a while. How did he get here? 

You poke his cheek, resulting him to turn his head. Quickly, you retreat. He's alive. Obviously, he was breathing. But he's responsive. And alive

When our prayers became more than a dream

And then, he opened his eyes. His eyes were a sparkling blue. You backed away until your back felt the piercing brush of a Joshua tree. He looked around. And you closed your eyes. You didn't want to see his first reaction to you. Fear? Concern? Worry? Anger? You wanted to have none of it embroidered into your brain. 

If you're here and alive, scream it into the sky

"Are you..." he doesn't finish his sentence. You open one of your eyes, looking at him as he stares at you. One of his legs was buried under the sand, but the rest of him was propped up. He keeps his eyes on your uniform that you haven't taken off in years.