Songfic: Our Love is God

(This is hard

But I tried

:^)

Just tell me you love me)

They made you cry,
but that will end tonight.

You put one hand on your eyes, trying to hide the tears from Maven. He looks down at you, his lips parting in shock. You have bruises hidden by uniform covering your arms and neck. You're a red servant, it's only natural the silvers treat you like shit. Your masters are a little more brutal. You're a clumsy person, somebody who always shakes. You're not good at handling chores. They only keep you as their little doll.

You are the only thing that's right
about this broken world.

Maven puts a hand on your shoulder, eyes still stuck to your crying form. How could somebody be so cruel to do this to you? You're a little angel, you have always been. Maven rips himself away from you. He is filled with something he never thought he'd ever feel. Rage.

but when the morning comes,
we'll burn it down and then
we'll build the world again...

 You look up, feeling the heat rise.

"Are you okay?" You ask. Maven's back is towards you. He quickly grabs a pen and looks for a paper. He only glances back at you for a split second. His eyes soften as he sees you. You step closer to him, placing your hand on his shoulder blades. He purposely moves his body so you can't see what he was writing. A part of you gets nervous, if he's hiding it from you it can't be anything good. You fidget with your fingers.

See, now I'm crying too.
You're not alone.

Maven puts down his pen, his hands trembling too much to write any longer. His eyes close, trying not to cry. You wrap your arms around his bicep as you hold yourself close to him. He looks so soft, so calm from his previous state. You can't help but stare.

"You're not alone..." You say. The sympathy was supposed to be towards you, you're not the one who's supposed to be giving support. As somebody who's been broken in ways Maven will never understand, why are you the one giving support? Maven holds your hand.

~

My Dearest, Masters, 

I have served you for many years in my life. I would like to personally thank you for giving me a home and work for all of these years. I'll be behind the Norta's castle. I'll be waiting ;)

- (Y/N)

~

Maven has always been sophisticated. That's not a hard thing to believe. He's acquired many skills in his time. Like, for example, copying handwriting. He's seen the letters you've sent him for so long. Your handwriting has become something he can easily recognize and imitate.

We can start and finish wars,

Maven feels as if he needs to take things into his own hands. He feels powerful whenever thinking about you. He feels like he can do anything, conquer anybody. As long as he has you, he can destroy whatever is bringing you harm. That's what he needs to do. Nobody will ever bring you any harm ever again.

The new world needed room
for me and you.

Maven waited. He leaned against the trees in the darkness as he waited for your masters to arrive. He felt like a shadow, one hand up and ready to fire. His bangs covered his forehead and cast a shadow above his already intense eyes.

I worship you.
I'd trade my life for yours.

Maven would do anything for you. You; the red who has been destroyed in many ways and still remains hopeful; the person he loves. It's something about you that just hooks him in. You're different than everybody else. He loves that about you. He'd easily sacrifice himself if it meant you living.

They all will disappear,
we'll plant our garden here:

Maven listens to the footsteps as he hears them draw near. He sees two men, two small unhealthy men. One carries a lantern, another follows behind. They both sported colors of dark blue and red. Iral's. Just seeing them made Maven's blood crawl. He didn't even wait for them to fully get near before he raised his gun. 

Iral's have incredible agility and speed. But really, could they dodge a bullet they didn't know was coming?

Our love is God.

One didn't. The other one caught on quick. The last man backed up, not being able to see out of the lantern's grasp. That didn't matter, he still ran. Maven ran after him. His feet crunched through the forest as he quickly exited the forest's treeline. He ran fast, catching up to the man. Maven didn't have the gun anymore, only using his fire bracelet to his advantage. The man was still quick, but Maven had something on his side. You. He had the happiness and hope you provided him. It took a second, but Maven was able to grasp the Iral's head with his smoking hand. Before Maven could fully cease his running, he slammed the Iral's head into the wall. Once. Twice. Harder. Thrice.

The skull disintegrates before it's turned to mush. Maven's hands are only lightly coated with blood, not as much as the wall. Panting heavily, Maven drops the body and laughs. He laughs loudly, letting it all out. It feels great.

"What the fuck have you done?!" Once Maven hears your voice, his heart stops. He lets out a low growl, turning your way. Your hands are on your elbows, your mouth opens in shock. You turn away from the body. "Maven!" You exclaim loudly. He shushes you, rushing over to you. You turn away from him as tears form in your eyes. He's not scared. He knows you'll always be by his side. Even if you do turn away, he'll force you to stay. He needs you in his life. He doesn't know what Maven Calore will be without (Y/N) (L/N).

"... I worship you." Maven wraps his arms around you, cradling your sobbing form. You two slowly fall to the floor. Is it really over? you wonder. 

Our love is God.

It doesn't matter. Maven has gone overboard just for you. It makes you feel tingly inside, knowing somebody is here to protect you. You can do anything, and not be blamed for it. Maven is sure to always take you back, right? You can do anything, right? Right?

Our love is God!...