One Shot: Adept

I can give you power. You said to him at a young age. Even though you're two years younger than him he's always treated you like a child. When you were twelve he was fourteen. When you were twelve you found the right herb for your ultimate creation; your love spell finally having correct ingredients. When you were twelve you introduced him to a life without pain; a life where you can take what you'd want. When you were twelve he declined.

When you were fourteen he was sixteen. When you were fourteen you finally decided to do the spell without his consent, you got close enough to steal a pencil from him without him noticing. When you went home that day you were fourteen and more nervous than excited. You place a carnation flower into a vase of water before whispering to yourself a special chant. When you were fourteen the flower shortly wilted and then you buried it.

When you were fifteen he was seventeen. When you were fifteen he felt this weird feeling around you. When he was seventeen he found a bunch of random trinkets in your house. He didn't care. He really, really didn't.

When you were sixteen he was eighteen. When you were sixteen your hands started shaking frequently. Something was wrong. That's not the only thing that was wrong. He was an adult, you were still a teen. It's wrong, but to you, it feels right. When he was eighteen he promised the world to you. It sounded so familiar. Unlike him, when you were sixteen, you accepted.