I'm Glad You're Evil Too Prt. 1

(READ THIS: So I already made another Maven X Reader story bc the publishing limit is 200. So if the 200th one has come out yet thennnnnn check my account for the second version!!! But if you are in my present, and it hasn't come out yet, let's wait together lmao!!

But also... MODERN

and... MAVEN'S POV

And uhh reader is biologically female and that's an important aspect of this story)

Walking down the street lined with lights in the dead of the night,

When I was a young teen, nothing ever felt right to me. Just the way the wind blew against me made me regret standing on Earth for so long. I remember being a shadow of my brother, the sports-loving jock. Ever since I was a child I knew I was never going to be like him. I learned to accept that early on, I learned that the world doesn't owe me anything. Sometimes I wished I couldn't be related to Cal. But I loved my brother, and I still do. But he wasn't enough. For me, nothing was enough. I felt helpless with myself. I didn't know what path to take with my life and I wasn't fit enough to decide. 

I love and loved walking around in the dark. I noticed things I never noticed before. Every day I'd notice something new, and that's what I lived for. 

Memories of our entertaining conversation comes to mind

You were the light of my life I never noticed. You always helped me in my classes, you always made sure to make me smile, and you always found a way to shine brightness in a negative situation. I remember the way you faced tragedies, looking at the incidents with an advocate tongue that I adored. You were nearly the exact opposite of me. You knew how to speak to people, you knew how to get your way into your happiest place in life. And you were the most entertaining person I had never met. 

"Do you believe in aliens?" You asked me one day, turning around in your seat. You sat in front of me by choice, something I never thought anybody would do. I didn't know how to answer. You just smiled at me, laughing as you shook your head. I never got to answer. 

Though I was afraid of ever letting myself like you, I still found my heart opening

I never thought I'd ever like anybody in my lifetime. I thought that I would live alone, and die alone. But you were there, always helping me, and always smiling. I couldn't believe you actually existed. You were like an angel, somebody I tried to run away from. I couldn't let myself like you; I couldn't let you into my heart because I feared you'd break it. And I can't a heartbreak.

But you happened to find your way into my heart, happily. I hated it at the time, but now, I don't regret falling for you. I knew that you had an interest in me, too. During passing period, you'd always wave to me. We barely knew each other, yet you always found a way to be nice. I'd always see you running around, interacting with people I could only dream of knowing. It felt... real. Your existence always reminded me that I too existed. And because of you, I loved existing. 

It was only when in front of you, I'd innocently smile

"I got you a present, Maven!" You dug through your backpack one day in class. I looked at you with confused laced into my gaze. You only giggled at me before slamming something onto my desk. You were unpredictable and yet so humorous and just... unique. My 'present' was a normal bathtub rubber duck that was dressed like an alien. It was one of those unique designer ones. I looked at it before looking at you. There was no way I couldn't be unappreciative. No matter how strange, it was a gift from you, and I still have it to this day.