One Shot: Water Love

('Ily AnimalNerd12')

You sat at your seat, alone, your hands clenching your dress. You were embarrassed at this meeting where you weren't even welcome at. But you insisted on accompanying the Calore brothers. You were a nymph, a high house, but people always looked down on you because of how weak and fragile you were. You don't think they're wrong, though, you've just always been that way. You grew up with Cal for the sole reason that he swore to protect you when you were younger, he hated the way people treated you. He was one of your best friends. But no matter how nice he was to you, your feelings were never directed to him. They were always directed at his shadow, towards Maven. You felt like you understood Maven, getting ignored, being seen as weak and unimportant. Your family made you nervous about your feelings also. They wanted desperately for you to win Queenstrial but you just wanted to be with Maven. 

The meeting room was half empty and everybody including Maven and Cal had left. You were there only because you weren't allowed to trial behind them, given how since you were a nymph you had the highest chance of killing them. Like you would ever. 

You looked around, your eyes down as you looked at something on Maven's seat. It was awkwardly sitting there, just waiting for you to notice it. His fire bracelet. You immediately tensed up, blushing like crazy. Maven has always had an anger issue so he took off his bracelet when handling documents and files. Taking a deep breathe you picked up the bracelet, holding it with light fingers as you were worried you'd break it. You ran out of the room, holding the bracelet close to you. There was Maven with two sentinels behind him. They hear your loud footsteps and almost immediately grabbed you. They held you in your place with hard hands. Maven made eye contact with you, his eyes shining with curiosity. You were confused, looking around. A water fountain,  you noticed. You looked at the sentinels and was blushing like crazy. And then your movements went still as you felt a cold gun against your head. 

"Maven..." You let out, making eye contact with him. He was taller than you, and you noticed this even more as he looked down at you. His eyebrows were furrowed together as he questioned the situation.

"Sir, she was trying to kill you!" One of them speaks. You never broke eye contact with Maven. His voices was a whisper, "(Y/N)... is this true?" You shook your head lightly.

"I just wanted to return your bracelet..." Your voice broke as you held it out with weak hands. He took it from you gently, examining it. Maven tch'ed as he called off the sentinels. They were hesitant but did it anyways.

"(Y/N), walk with me now." He commanded, gesturing for you as he turned around. You where forced a couple large steps as you catched up to him. As you walked with him, it was quiet. You both were silent. It was as if he was waiting for something. And then he spoke, "I didn't believe them. You would never do that." His voice was so quiet, so gentle. 

"Y-Yeah, like why would I kill the person I like." You blurted out with a sigh, avoiding looking at him. It was quiet for only a second, and then he replied.

"That's why I didn't believe them. I mean, why would the girl I like try to kill me." He spoke, almost chuckling. You head shot up, blushing wildly. He wasn't looking at you, just looking ahead with a goofy smile on his face.