Songfic: Behave

When I look into your eyes 

all I see in you in me

You make a quick glance in Maven's direction, freezing when you make eye contact with him. Turning away, walking slowly. He wants to chase after you. He wants to hold you in his grasp and ask what you desire. But he doesn't dare touch you.\

A perfect portrait stands there

Holding on so desperately 

You cross your arms, grasping your elbows with a hurt expression crossing your face. He's too similar. The fire prince that hurt your brother. When you look at Maven all you can see if the screaming face of Thomas.

I don't mind where you go

Maven watches you walk down the dirt road, he watches in fear that you'll turn around. 

I saw no ghost

You both know who each other are. You know he was your brother's lover, he was all your brother would ever talk about. He knows you're his lover's sister, you were all Thomas would ever talk about.

There was no death

You couldn't even look each other in the eye without being reminded of the lost. 

I saw your sickness

I am the witness

Tears form in the corner of your eyes as you stop walking. 

You need to stop pushing back your brother's death. Every day of your life you struggle to forget his name. You don't want to burden, you don't want the pain.

Need to amputate the curse

Before it gets worse

You turn around slowly, your arms still clinging to each other. When you look up you see Maven still looking at you. His gaze softens once you two make eye contact.

Live or die

You begin to walk. You take your time. With each step, your heartbeat quickens as you feel the weight form in your throat. It's quiet, the town is forgotten by the people, leaving you and Maven alone.

You're dying slow

I hope you know

Maven can't wait any longer, he begins walking to. You both walk until you're face to face.

It's just hard to say goodbye

And you hug him, your arms wrapping around his torso as you grip for the release you need from despair. He doesn't hesitate to hug you back or bury his face into your hair. You two embrace for the longest time, your tears staining your bodies.

Forced myself to leave you behind

"I'm sorry," he whispers to you. His voice is so quiet you're sure not even God could hear him, just you. 

Maybe I just need some time,

You pull back to look at Maven. His eyes are filled with tears. You place both of your hands on his cheeks while sniffling your tears away.

to remove my reflection from your eyes

His blue eyes bleed into yours as you two stare at each other. Your eyes almost resemble glass as he stares at his reflection through them. He can really see Thomas in you. Your entire body brings light into the memories with Thomas.

But a little lost love is a love not meant to be

I'm a lone survivor or the one that didn't flee

Maven sniffs as he places his forehead on yours. After a long silence, you finally speak.

"I forgive you," you whisper. Your voice resembles broken glass as it gets layered by hopelessness with each word.

I didn't ask yet if it's appropriate to pretend we haven't met yet 

He nods.

You two were very different from each other. But when you're in each other's arms like this, you're one in the same. Both two grieving souls, trapped in the web of the same death.

There's a thousand ways to say goodbye but I'm the one still breathing

Maven's breath falls upon your chin. It just reminds both of your that you're alive, feeling the pain harder than you've ever felt.

It feels like a release, astonishing, I know. Finally accepting how hard it is to breathe in a world without Thomas is something you both would never expect. He's gone. And there's nothing either of you can do about it anymore.

You'll be the last thing that keeps me