Songfic: Unknown Mother Goose

(I got Grammarly so this might be like better than normal idk)

If I were to project my love, how exactly would it be projected on those eyes?

You sat with Maven with to you, holding your hand reassuringly. He was by your side with concern on his face. You were nervous as you leaned your head on his shoulder. You always hated your emotions, hated how they made you feel. This almost made you hate Maven, but you loved him too much to hate him. Disgraceful.

Words are always nothing but excessive, a pure sound streams on

He rubbed his thumb against your fingers as if he were counting them. You listened to the sound of his breathing, so happy he was alive and well. 

"I love you," you whisper to him. He nods, "I love you, too."

Until you are smeared entirely with love, that colour is but a mirage

You kiss his cheek. He smiles, scoffing a bit. You laugh and feel happy inside. Whenever you see Maven you always get all tingly, blasted emotions. At least you made him smile. That's all you wish to ever do.

All alone, when I am engulfed by sound, it is a universal delight

With a sigh, you get up from where you were sitting. There it is, the usual done-with-all-shits (Y/N).

"I'm getting tired of waiting," you spat as you cross your arms. Maven gives a sweet smile, "just a little more." He seems way too happy. You huff and sit back down reluctantly. 

If you are to express your love, will that then be used as your answer?

Maven rubs your back, easing your worries. "It will be fine, I promise." How would he know? He ain't no wizard. Nevertheless, you nod in agreement, hoping he's right. 

If you're pretending to have closed your eyes, then, please open them with this song!

One second, two seconds. Okay yeah, this is bullshit. You blink, looking at Maven. "Don't say it." He whispers. He's so cute when he's done with your shit. You try not to smile as you turn away from him. 

Even if the world rejects me, right now,

Finally, again, finally, the door opened. In came a silver healer with a baby in their hands. Your baby. So cute, so pure. Asleep. Maven reaches out to grab her first, the nurse gladly gives her to him. Maven looks so happy, eyes full of happiness.

You tch, unamazed at the fact that you pushed a baby out of your body hours before. As a self-healer, you gave no shits.

I wonder if it's okay to try and entrust those feelings

Maven smiles down at the child and then looks at you. You're frozen. Don't hand him to me, don't hand him to me. Guess what he does?

Seconds later the child is in your hands, her scrunched up face being unable to distinguish as to who has what feature. You tried to calculate the percentages of the baby getting Maven's eyes.

"Relax, doll." Maven mutters as he sees how awkward you look holding your child. "aaAAaAA." You let out in angst.

If even then they were able to wish for love

"She's gonna get all of the men, just like me." You joke while lazily glancing at Maven. He grinned as he wrapped his arms around you.

Come on show yourself, an exact lookalike, to me

"We will teach her how to master manipulation," you look at Maven, "indeed?" A smirk plays on his lips. King Maven shows in his eyes as they darken. "Of course we will." 

Is that, the light that illuminates my future path?

You felt lonely; empty. You sigh. "I hope you can raise her better than I." You mumble.

"To be honest," Maven starts as he takes her from your hands, "I was hoping that too." He playfully laughs to himself as you huff. She suddenly took in a deep breath and opened her eyes. Blue. Blue like crystals.

"I love you, Maven." You blurt out. Just to make sure he knows, just to make sure he doesn't forget how important he is to you. He chuckles and doesn't respond. He just rocks your daughter back and forth with helpless eyes.

I'll be right here