Songfic: Mile Deep Hollow

(Someone: Hey, you should write more on--

Me: SONGFICS

Someone: Wha--

Me: LOOK AT ALL THESE SONGS

Songs: *exists*

Me: I NEED TO WRITE SONGFICS, SONGFICS ARE MY LIFE, THEY ARE GREAT! SONGFICS FOR LIFE! SONGFICS

Sirens: *in the distance*

Obama: *cries*)

Now we're floating like two feathers

You grip Maven's shoulders, pulling him closer to you then he's ever been. Through all of the emotions and pain, Maven doesn't hug you back. His eyes are shadowed over. He's deep in thought.

We are exactly where I wanted us to be

You rub his back, giggling into his ear. His father dead, his brother trialed, what over good can come from this plan? You absolutely loved the idea when Elara first gave it to you. As your mother was a Viper married into the Merandus house, you come from a line of truly evil people. You are the most emotionally manipulative person a Calore can meet. Seeing Maven all sad, you have the need to throw him against the nearest table and claim his as yours. But you don't as you rock him back and forth and echo your laugh into his skull.

No more hesitation 

Nothing will ever divide us again

You love Maven almost as much as you love crushing people lower than you. When Elara showed her trust in you, you did everything you could to destroy Mare. You acted nice to her and pretending like you were giving Maven to her. But behind that mask, you absolutely despised her. You're happy she's on a tightrope, dangling above death. No state would make you happier.

Just the truth and the sublime

Your obsession with Maven is something that you can't handle. Ever since you saw how emo he looked, you became obsessed with him. When you two were preteens you always hung out. Now that you're both adults, you are happy Maven recognizes you. Over the past two years, you have been getting closer to Maven, working out your plan with Elara for him to fall in love with you. You and Elara both agree you would be the perfect queen. You are the most intelligent person in Norta.

You need to know 

That you dragged me out 

Of a mile deep hollow

In the deepest area of your heart, you feel absolutely blessed. You are a spoiled little child. Maven doesn't deserve you, he doesn't deserve any of this. But it's what you want. And that's what's important.

You have always felt lost, never knowing who you are and who you can trust. But once you visited aunt Elara, you knew this was a place to stay. 

And I love you 

You brought me home

You love Maven, who comforted you through your teenage years. Maven loves you almost like a sister, somebody he used to be able to talk to when he was down. But as you got older, and as you got closer to Elara, he couldn't trust you anymore. You just remind him of his mom.

Even though we got lost along the way in our own minds

Elara strangled your mind like you want to strangle Mavens. But as you continue to hug him, your laughing ceases, and you relax into his chest.

"I'm sorry," you whisper quickly into his ear. After a second, he wraps his arms around you in return. You both relax into each other's arms and think about the future.