Songfic Series 6: City of Stars

City of stars

Maven looked up at the night sky. You walked behind him, the forest way too much for you. You were used to luxury and grace, not dirt and dirty dirt.

Are you shining just for me

Even though it's pain, you do it for Maven. If Maven wants to go then you'll go. Simple. If it's as simple as you try to make it then why do you hurt so much? You just spent a beautiful night with him. Why do you feel so different? Is this the feeling people get when they cross the finish line, receive the metal, and think "what now?" Is the feeling of lost accomplishment? 

There's so much that I can't see

If only Maven could feel what you were feeling. The feeling of tiredness, wanting to just stop and sleep in each other's arms. You just want to give up.

I felt it from the first embrace I shared with you

Maven felt fine. Hell - far happier than he should be. He finally got to touch your back, hold your body against him as you made love. Something he's longed to do. He passed the finish line and cherished the metal so much. You were his metal. Everything he does is for you

That now our dreams

They've finally come true

"Maven," you whimpered out. He stopped walking. Before he could turn around you hugged his back. You kept him still, squeezing him tightly. "I need a break," you whisper. He wraps his hands around yours, humming. 

Just one thing everybody wants

"We can sit right here," after he speaks you pull away. You look around. Trees and trees. Maven stands next to a tree, placing his back on it and sliding down. He looks at you. You sit down next to him with a small smile on your face. It's cold. Too cold.

It's love

Maven holds your hand, holding you against him. You look up with sudden hope in your eyes. You kiss him softly. The more body contact the warmer, right? Right.

Yes, all we're looking for is love from someone else

The kiss ended with you on his lap, your shirt off, your body suddenly warm.

A rush

His hands travel your body and soon, your hands travel his naked chest.

A glance

Your head looked up at the stars as he kisses down your neck, leaving butterfly kisses on your collarbone when he reaches the top of your chest.

A touch

It becomes more than a make-out session very quickly, but I'm sure you caught on to that. Touch. That's all it was for a while.

A look in somebody's eyes

To light up the skies

When you were done you laid down next to Maven, not hesitating to get dressed. The ground looks disgusting. The forest is disgusting. This is all... horrible. 

To open the world and send it reeling

Maven puts his hand on your back, rubbing up and down.

A voice that says 

"I'll be here," you whisper to him. You lay down next to him, cuddling close to his chest.

And

"You'll be alright." He says, staring at the stars. The stars that never go away. The stars that watched everything.

I don't care if I know

Just where I will go

Maven knew the surroundings like the back of his hand. Maven knew where he was going, he was ready to take you to your paradise where you'll be safe.

All that I need is this crazy feeling

Maven looked down at you: your sleeping form. You looked so peaceful. Maven's life is perfect with you here. All the ups and downs made him make it to this moment. 

I think I want it to stay