Songfic: Rebirth/Bear Again

(I SHOULD START DOING IAMX SONGS OMG OMG IT'S MY FAVORITE BAND AND THEY'RE SONGS ARE SO BADASS THIS WILL BE GREAT)

From that lie, I believed whole-heartedly

I noticed, I noticed something

You put your sword back into its holder around your waist as you lick the silver blood from your hand. Outside of the battlefield are trees, dead trees. Your eyes were puffy from the smoke, almost shut. 

that by now it's far too late to stop.

You walk back in the direction of your small cottage. Leaves were in your way, crunching under your heavily covered feet.

I left behind that dark heart

The air was thick, the sound of people screaming fading in the distance. A part of you wishes you could save them, another part of you are happy they're dead. Fools, all of them. Only known to battle. People like them in the world are why wars exist in the first place.

I knew that doom came from a denial of failure

You see the cottage in the distance. Something feels... off. You see a shadow behind the window's glass. Somebodies in your home. You draw your sword, ducking so you go unseen

and a love now buried.

Who would visit you in a time like this? Maybe somebody found your cottage and decided to visit, glad to seek shelter nearby. You shake the thought out of your head. No, no. Happy thoughts like that are what get people killed. This was a murderer, waiting for you. You best to prepare for the worst.

Abandon those idolized idiots, and be caught up in something else.

Maybe it's one of those fools from the war raided your things. 

Tch.

Times like this you wish there was a backdoor to sulk through. But no, you have to face your fears head-on. This is how you live.

Where I live

Better yet, wipe those tears away.

With a call, you slam the door open and hold your sword out. A hand grabs it, growling. They pull you in and close the door, slamming you against it. Your eyes met blue ones, deep blue ones. Maven pauses. 

You, you both think. Did you read that in a violent way? Like a, ugh this person. No, no. It was more of a "JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE REAL AND YOU'RE HEER EHFBWEHJRBFKJWHR3BFKJH3QVRFKHVRFKJHRVJFKHVQKRJEHFVJKRHVFKJWHVFJKHWQEFJKHWEVFJKHWQEFJHWVEFJHVJWEHVFJ" type thing.

You slam your lips against Mavens, longing for his touch. His hands go around your waist as he pulls you closer. Your childhood lover, Maven, has been searching for your return. The return of the girl who lived in the forest. 

Maven does seem to be phased by the silver blood you're covered in as he runs his hands all over your body.

That time we atoned for our sins was close by.

He kisses down your neck, grabbing your ass as he lifts you up. You wrap your legs around his waist with a playful whine escaping your lips.

I thought of dysfunctional love

"Maven," you breathe out with a soft moan. His tongue runs against your neck as he sucks and bites.

The countless worries you've had

"Where did you go?" Maven asks as he pulled away. You stare into his eyes, "home." You whisper. You bring Maven's face closer to yours as you kiss him harder than ever. He responds with a groan as he tugs and pulls on your hair.

The odd-tasting feeling like this can only be understood by those who truly feel in the world

"I'm sorry." You whisper in between kisses. He only hums in response. 

It can only be understood by those who truly experience what pain is.

<3