Songfic: burned out

(Do you think there are celebrities in the red queen world? Well now there are here you go

DUDE WHEN I STARTED WRITING THIS I CHECKED AND THERE WERE LIKE 400 WORDS SO I WAS LIKE OKAY AND NOW THERE ARE MORE THAN 1000 WHAT THE FUCK WHO TF--

Also, this shit is my feelings 24/7 when I just sit somewhere yeah I need help

Don't take this personally because it gets deep

Trigger warning also, I guess

GUYS THIS IS THE SECOND LONGEST FIC WHAT THE FUCK)

he was certain

so was I

You brush your hair in the mirror, Maven sitting next to you. You two talk. Talk about almost nothing. You smile when you hear his voice and he smiles when he hears yours. Time seems to slow like the universe knows how much you two love each other. When you put down the brush he rests his head on your shoulders. You put a hand on his cheek, staring at you two in the mirror. You truly do look like the perfect couple.

dreams and ideas should not be the same thing

Don't rip away from this, you whisper to yourself. You've got a life to live. You shouldn't be wasting time with a prince. You have a photoshoot today. You have people waiting for you. You have another life to live. You need to create something more, not waste your time.

Suddenly, you hear your heartbeat in your ears. Your vision starts blurring. Your hands shake. Don't waste your time. You can't waste your time. You have a life to live. You're wasting valuable time. You can be writing right now, writing a new song or an emotional poem. You should be creating something people should love. You need to rip away from this.

oh she'd want it

"I'm sorry, I have to go," you whisper with a shaky voice. Maven sits up, his hand going to yours. He looks at you with hopeful eyes. You don't look back, you just stay standing up. You know if you look at him then you'll force yourself to continue wasting time. "Stay safe," he whispers back before letting you go. Now you can breathe, now you can leave. And that's what you do. You leave without a goodbye.

if she knew 

she could take it,

Why are you sad? Why does your throat feel like it's grasping for one more breath? You need to go, you need to... 

Value life. Value what you have.

Get out of my head. Please. If you don't leave you'll lose all of your fame. If you don't leave everyone will forget who you are.

be careful be cautious but you just wished harder

You need to keep looking at the future, you're future. You're one of the most popular people in all of the regions, you don't have any time. You need to go, no matter how much dreaming it takes. Your head pounds. You can feel your brain banging against your skull. It hurts, but they don't know it.

you waited smiling for this

Maven. Loves you. He feels blessed to have you in his arms. When it gets quiet, you think. He doesn't like it when you think. You don't like it when you think either. Then, you leave. You leave every day.

When Maven was a child he read books and magazines about you, you have always been as famous as you are. You are the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. He's always dreamed of looking into your eyes. When you two first got together that's all you ever did, stare into each other's eyes. Now you don't. It's too painful.