One Shot: The More You Sing End

(Oh yeah, hi

Deadass I had to look up 'swallowing muscle" because I couldn't remember the word esophagus

**LAST PART**

obvi)

As you first step into the gloom your first comment is, "why does it smell like rubbish?" Harmony puts a hand on the tips of her purple hair as she ignores your comment, looking down. Then, Harmony walks in front of you, facing you to hold your hands. She looks you in the eyes as she says, "stay here, I'll go look for somebody, okay?" You squint your eyes. You have no choice. Even though you don't believe the curses people have made about this river, it really doesn't feel right to you. You agree with her, deciding to stay. Harmony smiles as she turns around with her fingers slipping from yours. She walks until you can't see her anymore. 

Then, you're left alone in silence. Silence; no animals; no humans; silence. You spend your times kicking rocks that lie beneath you. "Disgusting." You whisper.

"Not as disgusting as your haircut," you hear you enemies voice from behind you. You are quick to turn around, throwing a punch at her. She ducks, grabbing your hand and putting it around her shoulder. She pulls your face close to hers and smiles, holding you in a seductive matter. 

"You are so beautiful, you know that, right? I was kidding," she explains. You growl, head-butting her. She lets you go, rubbing her forehead dramatically. You kick her in the stomach, knocking her back. Why is she acting so weak suddenly? Shouldn't she be using spells as a defense? Then, she puts her hand out. In her hand, a red Christmas ornament. She stands up, holding it as a defense.

"If you smash this, Harmony dies. They all... die. Okay, do you understand?" You stare at her in disbelief. Like you give a shit. You start walking towards her.

"Okay, okay, okay. I don't have any powers, okay? I can't actually do magic. I just have," she looks at the ornament, "this! All those other girls, they're fake. They're from other realities where this very place - and you - exist differently, okay? They aren't apart of the Melusine family, all of them died years ago. I'm the only one left. Just, one day, they went missing. And if Melusine's don't have enough contact with another they, well, die, you know?" You stand with your arms cross as you listen to her explanation. You lick the back of your teeth as you take a step closer to her.

"I'm weak now, I'm about to die," she tried to finish.

"I don't care." You stomped up to her and grabbed her hair, kneeing her head. She didn't fall, it was only her head that truly showed impact. I mean, her face looked the same, but her the back of her head reached her spine. She was bent back. You could see her esophagus poking through her skin. You recoiled slightly, waiting for something else to happen before returning to your battle. She touches her cheeks, pulling her head back to its original place with multiple snapping and cracking noises. When she pulled her hands away it looked as if parts of her skin were attached to her fingers. "That really hurt," she commented before walking up to you. She kicked under your chin, sending you to the floor. Your ears rang for only a second. You had to keep fighting. 

There were multiple damaging punches and kicks. Each time your enemy received one, she'd quickly place her disfigured body back where it originally was. You didn't think her being weak meant her body being movable. Maybe instead of a plead, it was a warning? She seems invulnerable to the pain?

As she tries to kick you once again, you slide under her leg. You crawl to the nearest tree and rip off one of its branches. She laughs, trying to grab it from your hand. You slash her on the side of the face. As you expected, under her human skin were layers of scales. They seemed sensitive to the touch as she immediately recoiled and covered her open wound. You snicker, continuing to attempt at swiping up more of her skin at once. In the middle of the fight, a white bird flew down and landed on a nearby tree. This seemed to distract your enemy, as she turned to address it. "Grow up, Passion." You were about to go in for another attack, but what happened next made you back up. The bird flew up, circling your enemy. And as quick as it came, it swiped up your enemies' eyes. She whimpered a little, but not a single scream came out of her mouth. She fell to the floor, dying faster than you thought she would. 

The bird landing on the ground, forming into the white-haired girl you knew from when you were tied to a tree. Her yellow eyes looked at you. In her hand, your enemies' eyes.

"The eyes are her only weakness. The only thing that stays the same." She explains as she drops them. You nod, still cautious.

"Why?" You ask. The girl, who you recall is Passion, picks up the ornament from your enemies' hand.

"I don't want to die any less than you do." Passion says, still holding the ornament in her hand. She looks at it, staring at it and then glancing at you. Then, glancing behind of you. Harmony quickly wrapped her arms around your waist as she picked you up and spun you around.

"You did it, I got the flower for you! Now you can save the one you love!" Harmony exclaimed. When you got put down, you turned to her. She was smiling. You grabbed the flower from her, still looking into her eyes. You stepped closer until... suddenly her eyes went black. She fell. You turned, looking at Passion. The same thing. In her hand, shards of a red Christmas ornament. You turn back to Harmony, her body quickly fading away. Going back home... 

She's fully gone now, and it hurts a way you never expected. You sat there for awhile, wishing she'd come back. You don't know why you felt this way. You can't explain it. It's the same way you feel towards Maven. This is all for him, right? You remind yourself that. 

Before you leave, you manage to collect the shards of glass. Just in case. You carry them down all the way to the mansion. 

You don't give the effort to make any spells; to hide from what you've done. You choose to show all of yourself. Saving Maven was a blur. You couldn't think straight. All you remember was holding him in your hands, curing him in front of all of his friends and family... and Evangeline. Maven looked at you like you were the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. He really forgave you. Was he surprised you put in the effort to save him? Was he surprised you gently kissed his forehead after he stopped coughing? After that, you told him about what it was like to go to the river. You never told him about Harmony. And that was it.