One shot: Careful

Walking until the houses got fewer and fewer has always been your favorite thing. You can only see so far because your future path just fades into darkness. The further you walked the darker it became. You heard crickets, frogs, and birds as their chorus invaded your thoughts. 

You saw a figure up ahead, a tall one. The figure is indeed walking in your direction. You hope they haven't noticed you yet. Stopping your walking you get on all fours, ducking slowly before crawling into the forest. The darkness overwhelmed you as you peeked through branches and leaves. For only a second you thought about if the person walking is dangerous and if they were prepared to snap your neck. Maybe, just... maybe. You put these thoughts away. Maven always told you not to expect the worse as you always do.

The figure lifted it's hand and lit a fire, seeming to glance around. You sighed, shifting to give away your position. The figure jogged up to you and you crawled back, looking him in the eye. Maven pursed his lips at you.

"You don't always have to hide," he said as he reached his hand out for you to take. When you did he helped you stand up elegantly. Like you were a princess or something

"I'm just being careful." You repeat with your mouth. He lets out a small chuckle before letting go of your hand, walking back the way he came.

"Come on, if you keep leaving the people are going to be suspicious of the new queen of Norta." He joked without looking back to you. You ran up to him, placing a hand on his back. His back was strong, his shoulder blades piercing his skin. ((JESUS CHRIST THAT'S SO HOT I WEEPED WRITING THAT)) You smiled to yourself as you looked up at him. You becoming the queen of Norta wasn't as amazing as seeing Maven's face every day. That's for sure.