Songfic: I Am Damaged

("Where Maven after he has gone off the deep end decides to tell the reader how much he had liked her from day one?" 

"Gone off the deep end"

BET

MODERN)

I am damaged, far too damaged

Maven laughs to himself in a way to ease the moment, he breathes quickly but he tries to calm himself down. His mother has taught him many things, but taking deep breathes was not one of them. He wants to run a hand through his hair but his fingernails down to his wrists are covered in blood. And not his own blood. Though he will admit, it is close to being his. In front of him lays a blooding out Samson who extended his hands to you, sulking in the corner.

But you're not beyond repair

"(Y/N)," he whispers sweetly. You sigh, crossing your arms. You refuse to look at him. You two are covered in blood, sitting in a pile of it. Samson's eyes widen as the life begins to leave his eyes. He wasn't as good as a boyfriend as he thought. You twirl a piece of your hair between your fingers as you try to plan the future before your eyes.

"Don't talk to me." You respond. Maven squints his eyes as he approaches you. You're going to go to jail, you think. The knife that was once in your hand now rests on the floor. They will know that you did it. The kitchen of Samson's house has a cold, dirty floor that you'd rather sit on then show your face to the police who will surely come sooner or later.

"I'm sorry," he sinks down to your level. His hands still wet from all of the blood, make their way to your cheeks. He forces you to look into his eyes. His eyes are crazed and blue as they memorize every part of your face. He wants to make sure he'll remember you.

Stick around here

Make things better

"I love you, (Y/N). You don't know what you do to me." 

"You tricked me into killing my boyfriend," you remind him. Maven's eyes squint in anger.

"Who you didn't even love!" He roars in your face. You push him off of you as you bring your knees to your chest. His chest raises up and down slowly as reality starts to sink into him. (Y/N), the beautiful student enrolled in playrights class has involved themselves in the life of Maven Calore. 

"I have loved you ever since kindergarten," his voice breaks at the last word. He puts his fingers to his mouth as he tilts his head, sucking in air. He closes his eyes. This isn't how he imagined it would end. This isn't what he wanted to happen. But it's the only way he could've gotten you to himself.

'Cause you beat me fair and square

"You are the most beautiful person I know, you are so talented and just - just..." He can't admit his feelings. Not now. Not ever. He hates the way you make him feel. The pounding in his chest and the butterflies in his stomach. He hates the feeling of jealousy even more. The fact that you belonged to his cousin stung even worse. Of course, you were only with Samson for the popularity. But Samson didn't know that. You have always been an amazing actor ever since you were a child. That's why a life on a stage was what you chose for high school. You're scared that your future as a real Broadway actor won't be true anymore. Are you going to rot alone in jail?

Maven stands up, grabbing a towel rag. You watch him quietly. He concentration in his eyes makes you wiggle a bit. You have always adored Maven. You love how quiet and mysterious he is. You'd rather ride him than his boring cousin. He begins to whip down the knife, removing your fingerprints from it. You sit up.

"Woah, Woah, Woah. Hey, you know they're going to find out you whipped it. That just makes me look even more suspicious." You ramble, scrambling away from him. He sighs, pointing the knife at you.

"I tell them that I didn't want my fingerprints on it." The way his face moves when he talks reminds you of an insane cartoon character. The twitching of his facial muscles and his widened eyes.

Please stand back now

"I don't think you want any of your body to be traced here for any longer. Pretend that you're running away. Yes, get up!" He inches closer to you. Quickly, you stand. You both have the same understanding of how smart the police can be. You both know you need to reenact the scene.

"I don't want you to go to jail." You admit quietly, standing in your place. Maven squints his eyes, lowering the knife. His heart skips a beat.

"What did you say?"

"I said I don't want you to go to jail!" You scream out, grabbing a nearby object as you point it at him. A cleaver. A knife not meant for stabbing. You inch closer to him as you both switch places. You both know that the victim with grab a nearby object and try to protect themselves as the killer pretends to give up before chasing the victim. I don't want you to go to jail, you said as now you are planting his demise. 

"You were the most marvelous creature at that fuckin' school!" You point the cleaver at the window. He takes one stomp closer to you, making you point the cleaver at him again. He can't remove his eyes away from you. Do you love him like he loves you? Can you two run away together and just be happy? Did it have to end like this?

Hope you'll miss me

"I love you," he says as he storms closer to you. Sirens. Distant sirens. They get closer.

You inch back as he runs towards you. He pins you to the wall. Time moves quick. You can't think. You can't breathe. 

"I love you, too." You whisper. He puts the knife close to your face, putting on a threatening look. Everything hits you at once. "Cry," he commands. You quicken your breaths. You think about Samson dying. Your boyfriend, even if you didn't love him. You think about Maven, taking your place in a jail cell. You imagine all of the days you two could have spent together. You two could have basked in the sun and lived like normal teenagers. Why did you choose it like this? What does it mean? 

Wish you'd kiss me

He shoves his body onto yours, kissing you violently as the police begin to bang on the door. Tears run down your face. You don't struggle yet. You kiss back, as rough as he's kissing you. 

Bang

The knife isn't in your face anymore. It's next to your head. His hand is rested nicely on your waist.

Bang

You know that you won't be able to talk to him in prison. They don't expect the person who killed their boyfriend to be receiving letters from the victim. This is over. This is the last moment you get with Maven. And yet, you still can't find a way to bask in the moment.

Our love is god

Bang!

Maven thrusts his hand on your stomach as the knife flies to your neck. You wave your cleaver around, struggling against the kiss as the police find their way into the door. There are lights, colors that you can't comprehend. Everything is missing, yet everything is there. Maven doesn't fight against the police. He easily raises his hands, avoiding looking at you as you fall to the ground. You wail loudly, facing your body towards Samson. A policeman leaves you alone for a second, thinking you to grieve for your dead boyfriend. In reality, you are wailing at Maven, who is getting dragged away from your arms forever.