Songfic Series 1: Is That Alright?

(My girlfriend was like: "you should replace the characters in your actual stories with Maven and the reader." whbrfljehrbWJBED GENIUS

I WAS GOING THROUGH MY PLAYLISTS AND I SAW THIS [A MUSICAL I HAD IN MY HEAD WITH THESE RANDOM SONGS] I WAS LIEK "MAVENMAVENMAVEN THIS WOULD BE PERFECT"

HOLY SHIT

ARE YOU GUESS PREPARED FOR THIS 12 PART STORY)

Love is so different here

In another atmosphere

Maven walks around the red village, his eyes on his prize. No silver will ever understand his love for you. No silver will ever know this desire. 

All I can do is sit and stare at your pretty, 

Stare at your pretty face

You were the most beautiful red he's ever seen in his life. No silver could ever match your beauty.

You're mine without a fight

Nobody would be able to love you as much as Maven does. Nobody will get his love for you, you're his to keep.

Holding on to you is simple and new,

I'm dying for you

Maven has been going out more often, visiting the reds more than not. Most of the occupants of the castle have noticed his absence. 

Living away from you is killing and bleeding

My lungs are receding

He hates being in the castle nowadays. The urge to see you, take notice of who you're talking to and who you're friends with. What if when he's in the castle you die? He can't protect you from there.

Something about you just makes me whole

He hasn't even talked to you yet, not a word. He has no idea what your personality is like. He knows nothing. That doesn't stop him from loving you and watching you every day.

And sit beside the window's view

Make room for the looks we'll share

As I focus on you

As you comb through your hair

He wonders what you'd be like as his queen when the time comes. He's sure you'll be the best queen to his kingdom, you'd look beautiful by his side. Your red and black dress would fit you perfectly as you show the entire country who you belong to.

The boy I was wasn't who you'd love

Maven needs to be king before you'd love him. Somebody like you would never love a scoundrel like him now. He needs power, he needs to give you the world.

And so I'm gonna sit outside

And think of you

Is that alright?

He stands outside your home, marveled at your beauty as you walk around your bedroom. He needs you in his life, he's lost too many soulmates. But he needs to wait. He promises himself he'll wait. So now he'll just wait.

"You love her, don't you?" A familiar voice knocks the dream from his eyes. He looks at Elara with his assured expression.

"Yes," he cannot lie to his mother. Elara looks at you, thinking.

"Do you want her?" She asks plainly. Maven looks down, his gaze hardening.

"I want to be king first, so I can grant all of her wishes." He admits. His mother would think of something, surely. She always thinks of solutions.

"I can give her to you now or never, Maven. She's a red, she can't be queen." Her mother snaps. Maven huffs, she can be when I'm king. Maven didn't respond to Elara. 

You cannot flee from love

"Fine." He mutters, breaking every promise he's ever made himself. My love will be enough, he thinks, it's only a matter of time

It's not addiction, I'm just affixed to you

Elara smiles that evil smile she does all-too-well. She turns, grabbing Maven's arm as she leads him in the direction of the castle. "Let's go home now, I'll set up your present tomorrow." She explains. Maven hesitatively follows her, thinking about what she'll do the entire way.

~

It's not touch I need,

just for you to know me

~

Elara calls Maven to her room, your body in her grasp. You hair between her fingers as she dresses you up. You look up at her, wide awake and not a bit curious. Your memories were altered, your assignment personal. 

"Just work for my son," Elara explains to you, "he'll be your master." She places her lips into a thin smile.

Make room for the looks we'll share

When Maven looked into your eyes for the first time he was taken aback. Your body was not red servant wardrobe like he thought, your body was covered by a silky blue dress with a ribbon around your waist. A present, indeed. You smile at him and he blushes. 

"Hello, Maven," his name sounds like heaven coming from you, "I'm happy to serve you." You finish. He looks at his mother. She winks.

Is that alright?