Songfic Series 5: Gossip

(I know this is obvious but I feel like I need to point out how bad I am with pronouns idk if you noticed or not)

Elara was done, completely finished with Maven spending countless and countless of hours with you. She wanted you done with. Of course, Maven wouldn't even allow her to even think of harming you. She didn't want to hurt Maven anymore than he's already been, surprisingly. She came up with an idea.

Behind the shadows and the darkness

A scene left lifeless, secrets crawl, move along throughout these empty streets

Dear god did Elara hate walking through the red's town. She did it nonetheless. She did it for Maven. Elara grabbed the minds of whoever was near and forced the idea in their head. Maven keeps innocent red girls in his chambers. We should take a stand. Red's unite, right?

You stripe your freedoms like a cheap, dirty whore

From inside of your little containment, you grabbed ahold of the bars. Your toes pushed against the metal as you swung back and forth, soothing your boredom. You wish Maven was with you. But it is the middle of the night. Your precious needs to sleep.

The good and bad, you've had some of all of them

Kilorn groans in his sleep. Is Maven really keeping red girls?  Red girls just like Mare. Kilorn grasps his pillow tightly to his chest. What if Mare was one of the girls...

But still, this justice is not what it was then...

Elara sighs, night air escaping her mouth. She hopes this idea won't go too bad. Anything to keep her precious Maven away from a dirty red like you.

It's like a magic spell, a fairytale, maybe an old sin...

It's weird how in one night half of the town was convinced how evil prince Maven is. The entire town, in their dreamless sleep, thought about what to do in this life.

Don't wanna hear you say you love me

No, baby, that ain't what I need

The next day you laid in your little confinement completely with no company. You had no idea about the outrage, the conflict, or the pain traveling across miles and miles.

I want to see the conflict and the explicitly

Maven didn't know what to do. All he knew was that he loved you and couldn't let you go. He couldn't understand why all the people were so angry towards him. 

They're taken one by one - by misery eating at you 'til you're gone

The silver's didn't hesitate any red who stepped on their shoes. The highhouses joined under short notice to aid in this attack. Maven just stayed in his room the entire day, pondering about what to do in this devastation. His fingers to his lips, thinking for hours on end. All he knew is that he loved you... All he knew...

He held me tight, that night, wrapped in deep delight

It was almost the middle of the night when Maven awoke you from your almost-sleep. He melted the bars of your small prison. He touched you the way he wanted for months. Ever since he first saw you through your bedroom window he knew one day he'd get to touch you like this.

We loved until we forgot what was his and mine

You ran your hands down his chest as he kissed your neck. You were thoughtless, enjoying the moment like it was your last. 

But by the end, he went, and our final kiss

His lips tasted like salt as he wrapped an arm around you, whispering in your ear.

"We have to leave." He whispers with his deep voice.

Because a love like this - was never worth the bliss...

"What?" You asked, taken aback. He stood, dressing. His hair was flung in different directions. He looked worn out. 

"They're going to take you away. I want to leave." He explains with a plain voice.

"Maven, are you okay? You're not acting yourself..." You whisper in a calm voice. 

What's left of "us" will live on in those sweet memories

He turns to you, your eyes locking. "I'll go," you blurt out. He grabs you, kissing you passionately. You melt into the kiss.

Ignorant bliss, your kiss, living on like this

A part of you doesn't want to go. A part of you finds the idea stupid and pointless. But Maven knows more about the outside than you do. Maybe he sees a danger you can't even imagine. Maybe he knows his mother, the plans she has for him. Maybe he knows how much she'll want to destroy you once you get in the way. He can't lose another soulmate.

We'll go against the odds and ends of sinned misery

He takes you by the hand as he drags you out of your confinment, bringing you to your paradise where you'll stay with Maven forever.

And as time goes on, let it grow, let it suffer and breathe

That burning trace - Gossip!