One Shot: POP

(M'odern

I originally wrote this with OC's, so if there's a Nina or a "she/her" then that's why. I reread this twice to try and catch them but I'm not that accurate all of the time)

You have always been the light of media everywhere. You can sway your hips and millions of young girls would do the same. What makes you stand out from the other celebrities is how interactive you are with your fans.

"Hello everybody!" You greet in your microphone as your brush your hair out of your face. The day is February 7th, a week before Valentines Day. The multiple cameras pan the streets filled with fans of different backgrounds all screaming to welcome their idol. You walk up to the fence that keeps you from your fans as you touches their hands. There is no stage, just you and a pile of different instruments behind you. The security guards keep a close eye on you as they stand around, waiting for something to happen.

As the cheers dial down, you speak again: "I'm sure you all know why you are here," you look at the ground as you walk back to your designated spot. Again, a roar of cheers stops you from continuing. The cameras, all following your motions, showcase the different instruments behind you. All basic, starting from a keyboard and ending with a flute. You tried to keep it diverse.

"I will choose a lovely participant to show us their talent, okay?" You swoon as you put your microphone on its stand before stepping close to the fence. In the first row is somebody who had to wait for days to get where they stood. Amongst the swarm of little girls is a tall, lanky boy who was happy to be where he was. When your eyes fell on him, something in your heart told you he was special. You felt your chest warm up as you looked at him. But you shook it off, pointing at him to tell the security guards that he is the one. When he was standing in front of you, you grabbed his hand. This movement was something the cameras were particularly interested in. You thought nothing of it as you lead him to the microphone.

"What is your name?" You asked into the mic. Media leans in close, ready to look up everything about this mysterious boy. He introduced his first and last name as he winks into the camera. His name is Maven, something somewhat fitting to his emo looks. You did not recognize the name of the professional piano player, only a few did. But as he went ahead and walked in front of the somewhat elegant instrument, his face began to flush. This is his time to impress you, somebody he's admired since he first started to play. He smiles at you, and you smile back.

The music that he produces is something familiar to everyone. It is one of your most popular songs. As a reaction, you cover your mouth to hide your surprise. The people at home watching through live streams start to sing along, and so does everybody else. You hum, enjoying how outgoing your audience has become. You pick up one of the acoustic guitars, turning on its speaker before playing while listening to Mavens playing. It's a beautiful melody of the guitar and the loveliest notes of the piano.

"Oh yeah, it was pretty extraordinary," a fan was explaining to a curious news reporter. The day is February 13th, the day before Valentines Day. "And when they held hands, aaah! (Ship name) for life!" The fans of you were quick to romanticize the moment you and Maven both shared that day. They celebrated the relationship they all conjured up in their heads. You had acknowledged this once in an interview, and you said you thought it was "cute" as you decided to elaborate on your feelings towards him.

Maven made a post on February 14th. When you first read it, you wished you had free time in your life. He just reminded you of the relationship you could never have. The picture Maven posted was a rose on a flute, something you found oddly charming. The caption stated, "to the royal who held my hand and showed their audience what a good duet can make." You liked the photo, but that's all you did. Sure, Maven definitely had a place in your heart, and you really do want to get to know him better. You just don't have the time for a relationship. Between the cookie-cutter company you're signed to and the fans who love you with nobody, you don't think getting close to a fan can be a good idea. In another world, you think past your anxiety about the company to go with him anyway. But you know you weren't raised in a fairytale.

You DM Maven a small "haha <3" before moving back into your busy life.