One Shot: Game Stores' Tuxedos

(credit to Orarewedancy on Tumblr)

You sit lazily on your counter, watching the game trailers on the TVs in your store. It's the same couple of trailers being played on a loop. It's still the most entertaining thing you have. Rather than counting how many chews you've taken out of your gum. You haven't gotten a customer in a while and you're starting to consider just going into the back to have a sandwich. A heated up sandwich, that sounds delicious. Before you could drop out of your sandwich-related thoughts, somebody walked in. It was a lanky boy wearing a very expensive suit with no wrinkles. He had blue eyes and dark hair, and was holding a sandwich with a subway wrapping around it.

"Can I use your microwave?" He asked nervously. You popped your gum in his face, leaning forward.

"What's in it for me?" You teased. The man looked around, sensing his surroundings. Before he could respond, you interrupt his thoughts. "Where are you coming from?"

"The store right across from here," he responds proudly. You nod. Yeah, the really fancy tuxedo store that invades your view every day. You have always thought that the people who worked there were pristine, but this gentleman was obviously human like you.

"You have a bathroom don't you?"

He nods.

You pop your gum again. The mall you work at is extremely big, and the nearest bathrooms are at least five minutes away. There is no way you're walking all that way during your break.

"Y'all get to use my microwave and I get to use your bathroom," you suggest. He nods, a small smiling forming on his face. "Deal," he adds. You smile back, pointing to the employee's room. He walks back, quickly using the microwave before leaving. Interesting, you think.

For the last three months, the men in nice suits would come in and use your microwave and talk to you. You've even gotten some of their numbers. But none of them compare to the blue eyes one you saw that first day. He comes through the most, always willing to talk about your nerdy things with you.

Your favorite thing, though, is walking into their store with your geeky clothing and exclaiming, "yo dude, what's good," with customers all around. The relationship with the tuxedo store and the game story is incredible. You love hanging out with them in general.

Then, a new jewelry store opened up next to you. One day, after you used the bathroom, you were talking about it with them.

"Their suits are baggy as hell, I wouldn't trust them to sell me a $9,000 ring when they can't get a fitted jacket. They look so unprofessional," Maven claims. You giggle to yourself, peering into the store to confirm that thought. The salt between the two stores is so interesting. You never thought that this type of high school pettiness would be adjusted in real life. Cal scoffs, looking into the store with you. He is shaking his head angrily.

"I saw one of the dudes wearing a teal shirt. It's fall, and you go with teal? At least get a color that matches your store if you're going to ignore the seasons like that, Christ, but teal is awful." He rants. Honestly, this is gold.

"They can have fun with their long walks to the bathroom and their cold sandwiches," you joke with them. Maven laughs, bumping your shoulder with his. And you do the same.

"Maybe one day we should hang out and plan a little tease on the new store," Maven whispers to you, nudging your shoulder again. You blush, squinting your eyes as you try to hide a smile.

"That sounds amazing," you respond.