One Shot: Anima Mundi

"Don't step on that," you instruct Maven as you two walk around nature. He listens and changes his footing, not wanting to anger you. "Every piece of life is alive," you remind him. He hums in approval. He loves hanging with you, your little rambles about people are so cute to him. He's always surrounded by people who would kill humans without a thought. You're a relief from that.

"Why do you put those things in your hair?" Maven asks for the first time, referring to the dead flowers placed into your wild hair. You put a hand up to one while you halt your walking,

"It would be sad to pluck a live one, I'm recycling. And it looks pleasant, doesn't it?" You explain with a smile. Maven looks at you with sparkles in his eyes. "It looks lovely," he compliments. Before he can blink, you jump on him, your legs around his waist. He stumbles back before his back hits a tree trunk. You corrupt into giggles. His hands hold you up as you laugh in his face. His face flushes a deep silver color as he pants, your unexpected movement catching him off guard.

"Nice catch, I thought you were going to fall." You say to him. His breath is heavy as he tries to recover himself. You are... truly amazing, he thinks to himself. And completely reckless also.

"Are you okay?" You ask, mildly concerned. Hair gently falls on his face before you push it away. He responds positively, laughing. You two end up laughing together as you stare into each other's eyes. Then, you kiss him. You don't know what you expected. Surely, you didn't expect the worse. You never expected the worse. Things'll go well if you want them to. The kiss is simple, short, sweet. I like you... a lot, said the kiss. "I like you... a lot," said the anima mundi who had the body of a (y/n) out loud. Maven smiles, getting a feeling in his chest that's too familiar. He kisses you again, and you smile. You giggle when you hear the sound of the plants and the trees cheering you guys on.