Songfic: COPYCAT

(WHo missed me?! No one... okay

I think I found a queen I love smh this song is my life now

Also, I kinda wanna do more trigger warning ones yikes

They won't be bad but they'll be Nichole Dollanganger and MASA WORKS DESIGN yikes

Also, should I just

WARNING: NOT A HAPPY ENDING

I mean, what is a happy ending in my stories hhaha

I'm keeping it real guys)

Don't be cautious, don't be kind

You put the letter to your face, making sure the ink written on it was really spelling out what you thought it did. Maven, once a prince, is now the king of Norta with all of his competitors behind him. You crumble up the letter, chewing on your gums in anger. Of course, the kingdom you are the queen of, Tiraxes, has been forgotten and out of the news. Two years ago you were in the spotlight for supposedly planning your parent's assassination, and you become queen. But with zero evidence, you weren't charged. And now here is Maven, a headline, gaining attention for what you did first.

If he was going to steal your fame, he should at least meet you face-to-face, that fucker. He is the most annoying thing in the world.

You've committed, I'm your crime

If this is the game he's playing, you can play, too. Maven has committed to being your second, being less than you. You will always be the first. 

You talk to your servants, cutting ribbons as you plan your infamous visit to Norta. Your first draft is to inform King Maven on your new idea to visit and plan a collaboration with the country. You want to see what he's like in person and if he's as stupid as he reveals in paper.

You got your finger on the trigger, but your trigger finger's mine

All of your life people have laughed at you and have tried to control the way you think. Meanwhile, high house maidens would try to act like you as they constantly bring you down. They were just jealous. You have always destined to be queen. You have always been first, surrounded by copycats. You have always been in control.

Dirty water, poison rain

You think about Maven on your travel to his country. You are going to look so foolish by his side, aren't you? Nobody from the East has seen you for ages, should you really be putting yourself in the spotlight like this? Oh, well. He invited you into his life when he and his mother stole your idea of fame. Tiraxes is just Tiraxes. Norta is like copying it, but making it worse.

I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

The castle doors of Norta were welcoming to you. Immediately, you established the differences in behavior and class. The queen of Norta, Elara was dressed in flowing blue. You, dressed in a puffy gumdrop, felt like a stranger to this country. Her piercing blue eyes did nothing to startle you as you returned them back to her. You brought your own servants, people who know their distance and their uniform. They are the opposite of these red-vest wearing hooligans that scatter around nervously. So foolish, this place is. 

By the way, you've been uninvited

Maven's stone face was a welcoming new look for Norta. He really made the impression as he kissed your hand, refusing to break eye contact with you. You felt like such a badass standing with him like this. His mother was behind him, analyzing you to the bone.