Songfic: Hitorindo Envy

Easily playing, never bat an eye

Liar. The only word that would run through your head. You put your finger to your lips, thinking over all of the past histories. The youngest prince becoming the king by cruel tendencies. How interesting. Very peculiar, very new. Of course, you enjoy working for the newest troubled king, but how much longer can he truly play the role he's sitting in?

Weeping and posing, another perfect alibi

Only the reds seemed to sympathize with him. The silvers, they knew. Of course. Silvers are smart. They see past Merandus'. You can see past everything about that, for you can spot out any lie anybody tells. It's a fun game you enjoy playing. That's why the silvers are your favorite people to hang out. They lie more than they breathe. 

Every day lonely, I'd rather play a game

"How are you doing today?" You ask, leaning your pelvis against Maven's desk. Your blood, a soaking color of red, appears silver with the constant makeup you allow yourself to apply. Maven, with his tired blue eyes, doesn't fake a smile for you today. You love hanging around Maven. He's the one who you can find lying the most. You never call him out, you just think about them. You think long and hard.

Looking at you now, yes and even you

He doesn't reply after a second. He learns. He thinks about what he truly feels, and thinks about how to convey that perfectly to you. He knows you can read the truth, that's the only reason he keeps you around. Somehow, your presence is a freedom to him. It reminds him not to get caught up in his mind. With you, he knows what about him is made up.

Couldn't be more fun to party and scream

"How are you doing~" you repeat in a more singing matter. "Relaxing? You look like you need some of that," you tease. His mind crunched for the morning makes him wave you off. You see on his desk are multiple opened letters scrambled together and an untouched plate of food. 

You walk to his side of the desk, resting a single hand on his shoulder softly.

"Say awww~" you coo as you lift up a piece of bacon, pointing it towards his mouth. You remember Maven doing this to you when he was a child, always choosing to feed you over himself. That was when he was small before he got his mother's mind. He probably doesn't even remember.

Maven looks you in the eyes, and you stop to smile. 

"Stop that," he takes the piece of bacon from your fingers and puts it in his mouth. At least he ate it. That's all that matters. 

My, oh my, oh walk your way to me

"I'm just trying to help you," the truth comes from your lips. He huffs harshly, not falling into your trap. You admire him for that. Stop it, your mind tells you, you aren't helping. You mentally hit yourself in the head, quickly standing up. This is so stupid. 

"You don't have to leave," Maven lets out. You blink, not looking at him. Was that a lie? You honestly can't tell. Maybe it's both a lie and the truth. Is that possible? Stop getting in your own head, not everything is about truth and lies. No, no no. This is what it's like to be a silver. Everything is about truth and lies.

Why, oh why, oh hurry up and leave

"You're lying," you lie. You turn around, shaking as you leave his private office. The silvers watch as you walk by, obviously distressed. You can't hide from them. You can't hide from what you are trying to become.

And again I come to see, I've been a very bad girl

"Silver is not a personality type nor a royal status, it's a blood color," Maven says, watching you as you fix your makeup. He sits in the red comfort chair you have in the corner of your room, it now having a purpose.