Songfic: Yuudachi no Ribbon

(I feel weird casually saying mOdErn every time it ain't medieval af so just idk just guess when it's modern or not *wink wonk*)

Suddenly the evening wrapped us in a blanket of rain

Maven's coat was shielding both of you as you two ran through the rain. You held your books to your chest and prayed they wouldn't get wet.

Hiding away beneath the school, made our great escape

You found yourselves hiding in the gym for only this period. The gym is big and quiet, all sound echoing through the walls. Maven took off his wet coat and you put your backpack down, your books on top of it.

Breathing beat four walls, your chest will rise and fall

You giggled with Maven as he stepped closer to you, bringing you into a kiss. How scandalous. You two gripped onto each other like your life depended on it.

I can feel the sheerness dripping through my shirt, it's soaking

The water from Maven's hair drips onto your school uniform in a rhythm. Maven usually wouldn't do something like this, but his love for you is too powerful to obey the rules.

Counting down to one, our lips too close to run

You giggle against Maven as he goes to your jaw. It feels great like this. Nobody around, just a world with you and Maven. It feels like Heaven.

I wanna hide this deep, just hide this deep, 

You wish to stay like this forever. The silence is beautiful, his body is art. OwO Maven is best I love him big mood.

You pull away, looking into his eyes. Staying this perfect will be hard, Maven always has his eyes on everyone else. As long as you don't talk about it it will go away, right? Isn't that what how it works?

We'll bind this secret between me and you

Maven takes a step back and sits next to his backpack, you sit next to him. He pulls out his lunch box and you pull out yours. You two eat lunch together in silence. You can't help your thinking.

Trauma falls away with every bit of fingertip on

My skin, I thought that it would easily just be gone

You see the way Maven always looks at Mare. You can see his smile whenever she talks to him. True, Maven isn't officially yours yet but... It's still quite odd. Things don't always go your way, don't they? You can't look Maven in the eyes without thinking about Mare. It's written all over him; I LOVE MARE. You can trust him, right?

Who knew a moment moved so slow? 

Unknowingly chewing on the same piece of food for a while, Maven stares at you. Should he say something? No... he shouldn't. 

The rain in patterns against the roof and windows of the gym.

And as the rain it flew, it makes it through,

It gets lighter and lighter over the span of a time. The atmosphere is the same, getting lighter until the air disappears. Still, you enjoy sitting next to him. Your hands clench around the plastic silverware you were using.

It made it through,

"Are you okay?" Maven asks, his eyes squinting

"I'm in love with you," you blurt out. Tilting your eyes away from him, you bit the inside of your lip. Is he going to treat you seriously? Does he believe you? You hope so.

"Are you sure?"

It's breaking and crashing, platonic's the last thing

 that holds us now, letting the rain come down

Are you sure? Your heartstrings break all at once. You feel like crying. Should you cry? No, you're overexaggerating. How do you even know what he means by that? His words can mean a million things.

Soon all this space will equal none

"I am sure." You whisper. He's quiet, he's really quiet.

I hide for you, and I look to the side 

Your pure eyes that ignite and smile to invite 

With a blush, you turn to Maven. He's smiling, his eyes sparkling so beautifully. He makes you feel so different. His smile is so beautiful. You prefer when he smiles at you. You smile back.

A love in me I never thought I'd see 

How did Maven make you fall in love with him? You wonder that all the time. 

Evening rain ribbons that fall

The rain doesn't stop like you imagine it would. It keeps going, alive and well. It keeps going for a while.