Songfic: Dramaturgy

(At a wedding/vacation; sorry no updates owo

Wish it was my wedding though **emoji emoji**

And idk if you could tell but every new Juby song is getting a songfic because she's just too perfect to not)

Knew it already fine, misery inside

Your body was well shown, a few pieces of fancy fabric covering what is important. You stay backstage as your friends walk around the crowd, crawling onto people's laps and giving them a ride. Ridiculous. A traveling act is no the scandal you wanted to be apart of at your age.

But I don't know a thing, love or losing, see?

You take a deep breath, turning to the crowd where you will find your next player. Taking a step into the sun is always your least favorite thing. You can feel the beams piercing your skin. You do it anyways.

So I threw to the side any human in me

Putting on a playful smile you elegantly make your way through the crowd, spinning and moving with pure mischief. With a loose piece of fabric in your hand, you brush against the stranger's cheeks.

In the edge of the crowd, you see a boy, one with blue eyes, who looks less lustful than everyone else. He just looks curious, starring right at you.

If I live a lie of shallow words and empty replies

Instead of starring back, you wink, returning to your business.

Then what am I?

Your friends give a small laugh after the show with you as they all put hands on your shoulders. They congratulate you for your work. You just give small smiles back.

Hitting walls of a stage that I couldn't break

With a shawl wrapped around you, you step into the streets. Leaving isn't as easy as actually leaving. But it's still fun to imagine being free. You can't break free from the performance your life is set in. You can try. 

Then it stuck in my head, gotta run away

You walk out to the streets, your pace picking up. Norta has always been your favorite place, so full of life and also disaster. Somewhere you can run free. 

Near the end of the show, waiting in the wing, see? 

A hand grabs your wrist and you're almost scared you've been caught. When you look back you see someone you don't recognize. Something about the hand catches you off guard, the grip is hard, the hand is gloved.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the show?" A smooth voice asks you. You try to pull away, and he lets you. Your eyes search the surroundings. Nobody else, good.

"What does it mean to you?" You ask roughly. When you look back to him you recognize him. He was the pair of blue eyes in the corner of the crowd. You almost couldn't tell.

There's no one inside me 

There's no one that's hiding

"You're that watcher, aren't you? Hiding in the shadows." You say suddenly, your quiet voice overcoming you. 

"My name is Maven Calore." He introduces himself. He expects a bigger reaction, for you to know the name Calore. You hold no interest towards politics.

"I'm (Y/N)." You reply.

So hurry up and bite down whoever you found

It goes quiet for only a second. A short second.

"Have you always been in that act?" He asks you, genuinely interested.

Game over, give it up now

You shoulders roll back a bit as you put out your chest. 

"I guess. Doesn't matter." You reply with a small voice. Your heartbeat starts quickening. What the hell? Why do you feel this way?

"Why do you even care about me?" You ask him. Nobody usually cares about me.

Struggling over love and discontent

Maven smiles, his hair falling over his forehead a bit.

And here I wait for something to twist the plot dramatically again 

"Because you're different from the others. I saw you behind the curtain. You were uneasy; you are human." Maven explains. You blush, looking down. Being human is hard, it hurts a bit. Why would somebody favor you just because you're human?

But if you aim, go for the heart

"I think you're different too. The other's look at me in lust. You... didn't." You say while switching your body weight onto another leg. Crossing your arms, you refuse to look up at him. This is so embarrassing. 

We're pulling at the boundary, unseen

"Where are you going?" Maven asks as he takes a step closer to you, putting a gloved hand on his chest.

Broke it all with a touch if I do recall 

Hiding all of the shame, all I did was fall

You blush harder. Where are you going? The dirt beneath you sticks to your feet slide as you take a step back, trying to walk away. 

But even if I had tried to move on, why can't I leave my past? 

"I-I don't know. I was going to go back anyway." You say as you try to imagine a life without the show, what would you do without it? Your hands started to shake at the thought.

"I think I should go back actually, I want to--"

"If you don't want to be in that environment you shouldn't force yourself to go." Maven says as he grabs your shoulders. Your eyes make their way to his silver flushed face as he looks down at you.

"You can stay with me." 

(^^ some cut shit

"You can stay with me" 

God I fucking love lines like that."