Songfic: I Believe You Can Survive

(GYUS I LITERALLY FIND A SONG CALLED SAMSON

I'M CRYING

#bitchguesswhat

I see this as a Mareven song because it mentions both lightning and fire so guess what, reader is House Titanos

Do people actually read this fnkwjebf,w)

With your hands on your ears 

I see you reading

You sit in the corner of the dining hall, your back to a wall and your hands over your ears. You have a book in your lap as you try to finish the last couple of pages. Maven glances over to you every once in awhile, seeing if you were in that same position. And you were, ignoring everyone else.

And it doesn't even matter 

That everyone can see you 

Every girl had their thoughts on the upcoming ball for the announcement of Cal's engagement. Except you, you didn't care about that kind of stuff. Sure, during the QueensTrial, you impressed everyone with your House Titanos skills, making the most beautiful of chorus's including clouds and rain, but you really prefer to have lost. Even if you were the best person there, you doubt you could have won. Nobody would prefer you as their wife. Being a queen means being able to be the smartest at what you do. You are nothing like that.

In you there is no masquerade 

Just purity and realness

Maven enjoys watching you. Not in a creepy way, at least he hopes not. He just finds you so interesting. You're so different from the other girls, so careless. It's almost charming.

 As the girls slowly start to leave the room, Maven chose to stay. To just wait for you. Will you stay in that spot? Or will you leave again also?

From head to toe discrepancy 

Unlike anyone here

The only movement you made was turning your toes in towards each other, taping them together. Maven stands up, his hands on the table. His eyes never leave you. That is until you look up at him. Your pupils dilate. You are surprised to find Maven staring right at you. You almost blush. You've been interested in Maven for so long. He seems indifferent, like you.

In you there is a fire 

Your warmth shines onto me

On the sight of Maven, you force yourself to stand up. Your thumb is on the page you last left as you start to walk towards him. Once in front of him, you sit down. Your elbow on the table and your chin in your palm, you smile at him. The room starts to slowly heat as he sits down. Is he flustered? 

"Were you planning to stare at me until I died?" You ask him. Maven notices how you sit elegantly and how you do it naturally. You look almost relaxed like that.

In you I see a lightning 

And if it struck me I wouldn't mind

Maven gives you a small grin, embarrassed. He sees one of your hands resting on the table, he feels an urge to grab it. But he doesn't. Not yet.

"I wanted to stare at you until you were forced to leave," he responds. You force a smile, a feeling of discomfort creeping over you. That's right, you will be forced to leave, won't you? You can never stay in one spot. You always have to keep going.

You are beautiful because you wear 

Your dismay in your smile

You give a small cackle. Maven found it beautiful. He couldn't help the blush creeping over his cheeks. You two stay quiet for a while, just staring at each other. Then, your gaze falls to the table as you blink away from your emotions. Why do you waste your time like this? What really comes from it?

In you there is no imitation 

Just a delicate strong mind

"Have fun being a prince, with that little lighting girl." You say as you begin to stand up. Maven quickly grabs your hand, standing up with you. He's so warm.

"You're the only lightning girl I want." He shouldn't say something like that. You two have only known each other for about a year. It wasn't until the Queenstrial that Maven truly saw who you were. And he loved it. 

You freeze, shrinking away from him. It's so hard to let anybody in. If you run, will you regret this? Will it be hard for you to live without him? Should you accept his feelings?

In you there is a darksome cloud 

With a very friendly vibe

"And you are the only Calore I want." You respond quietly. Maven never lets go of your hand.

In your face I see hapiness 

With a shimmer of decline 

I bet your bookshelf 

Looks similar to mine