Songfic: Sweet Magic

(I just played DDLC and I'm in the mindset of Yuri so that might be what this is coming from

Also

Maven's birthday is like Wednesday)

I'll make a treat so sweet and full of fun

You dance around your kitchen, gathering the ingredients for little cookies that you'd die to make. You love cooking, whoever it may be for. Today you decide to make something from the heart, something for Maven Calore.

But I wanna hide a little bit of love 

With the rhythm of your heartbeat, your cheeks get redder and redder with the thought of Maven enjoying your cookies. Your food between his lips, it would be a blessing for you. You imagine sitting next to him, watching him eat. Will he enjoy your food? You hope so.

Pure like gem, a maiden's eager heart

You linger on the thought of Maven decorating your cookies, maybe getting frosting all over his fingers. Imagine his bittersweet smile as he cleaned it off with his tongue. The thought makes squeeze the objects in your grip tighter, smiling.

Bake a layered mille-feuille with the air I sigh

Cutting the cookies have always been your favorite part. You give a small smile the entire time you were working. Inside of your little home in a little village, Maven lays upstairs, sleeping in your room. 

Miracles with a spell full of sweet fantasies

You've known Maven for a while, since you were maybe 16. One of the red servants had a child with a member of a highhouse, and hid the child from the world. You, obviously, were the child. You were hidden amongst the world and only had access to certain rooms in the Calore Castle. To Maven, who's only seen you weakly at the time, thought you as a mysterious figure in the west wing's halls. He always went out of his way to find you, but could never truly see you.

It's funny now that you two are newly romantic. Sometimes, when he just pops up behind you, you get the animalistic feeling to run away and hide. Like the old days, when you two were young. It makes you laugh.

Should I take sugar away, have bitterness alone?

"Am I cooking this right?" You question, biting your lip. Does Maven prefer sugar or salt? Should he be here telling you what to do? No, this should be a surprise. A gift. He shouldn't know. He'll probably love it anyway.

If I still don't like the taste, does that make me a kid?

Putting the frosting cookies in the oven, you suddenly realized how childish this is. You seem like such a child, making cookies. Well, you aren't the one oversleeping. 

You look at the clock.

11.

Why isn't Maven up? Is he dead? 

No, he usually sleeps when he hangs out with you. 

Usually, not often. It still puts you off a bit. Isn't he a prince? Shouldn't he be up early? You're thinking about it too much.

Now I've caught you in a sugar rush attack 

A couple of hands wrap around you, picking you up from the kitchen's tiles. Maven's laugh goes in your ear as he chuckles against you. 

"Oh, hey," you whisper. Maven spins you around for a second before putting you down. You turn around, smiling as you kiss his cheek. Maven smirks as he glances at the oven.

"Cookies?"

"Cookies."

Just one big delicious bite won't ever be enough

Maven pulls you close, hugging you into his chest. You wrap your arms around him, your cheek squished as you stare down at the cookies. He's going to love them... he is...

Though it may be hard to see, I can be really sweet

Maven squeezes you tighter. He senses something off about you, you're surprisingly calm this morning. Usually, you're so happy to cook, but now, you're just quiet. He doesn't want to ask if you're okay. He knows you might not answer. 

He just holds you. He's scared to let you go. He loves you too much to look you in the eyes like this. If he holds you, everything will be okay.

And then you'll see you're made for me 

I know it really, really, really

"I can't breathe," you whisper jokingly as Maven hesitantly lets you go. You punch his shoulder, laughing at him. He smiles. It's quiet. You can hear distant chatter of the people outside, the sound of branches hitting the window rhythmically. It's all the sounds of December.

Realizing slow

Before the cookies get done, you sit down with Maven. As a couple, you two work on a Christmas puzzle on the dining table. Finishing it before you have to clean it away. Maven loves doing puzzles with you, saying you concentrate a little too hard. All in good fun. 

That the special taste is love I want to show 

Maven is the one to pull out the cookies, seeing their special figures and Christmas shapes. He thinks it's spectacular and loves the idea of decorating them with you. The icing melts easily with the heat of the gingerbread men. The colors swirl together, often dripping off. You two get icing on your fingers and instantly lick it off.

With sweet magic, I hope I can make you mine

It was a mix of giggles and laughter as you two play. The cookies tasted better than they looked. Maven wasn't too good at perfectly angling the icing. It was fun, and that's all that matters.