One Shot: Thanksgiving

(This literally happened on Thanksgiving.

Maven is my uncle

Reader is my dad

   This shit is crazy)

"How do you stab yourself in the hand?!" Mare exclaims. Everyone (only 3 people) stand around the kitchen in an attempt to witness the bloody mess. Cal ties a towel around Maven's wound; it is very deep. He is claiming to see bone.

"Usually when you see bone you get stitches." Gisa comments. Maven shakes his head, "we can get a healer."

"Ahm, no," you butt in. You quickly move to stand next to him. "We are going to heal you the red way -- here, look at me, I'll be your healer." You sit Maven down and then kneel next to him. His hand is pure silver.

"Somebody give me some super glue." You command.

"What?"

"To close it, so it won't bleed." You explain as you look up at him. Gisa's small hand places a bottle of superglue down near you. You smile, picking it up and beginning to twist it open.

"That's going to sting." Cal comments. Mare inhales through her teeth when you place the superglue over the wound. You pause.

"One: I've done this before. Two: it stings like a motherfucker. Three: I think you can handle it." You wink. And then you begin. Everyone gets out their phones to record this scene. Maven leans back, a hand over his face as you put the glue over his open wound. Your fingers get stained silver as Maven holds back screams.

"Is it bad?" Mare asks, amused. Maven doesn't respond.

"Fuck, I'm gluing my fingers together." You whisper as you pull back to move your digits around. Maven peers between the fingers covering his eyes, "how's that going for you?" You look at his hand, seeing the drying blood.

"I guess I'm done." You announce, satisfied.

"You guess?" Cal replies while crossing his arms. Mare smiles to herself as she sends the video to everyone she knows.

"I had a few drinks before this but that's okay." You add. Maven holds back a cackle as he bites his lip.

"Are you okay?" Gisa asks Maven.

"Yeah -- it hurt but... I'll be fine." He looks down at his wound. He seems like a weak puppy. He's been through a lot of pain holy shit.

"I think we learned something today," you say proudly.

"To never let you near me with glue," Cal adds, just as proud.