Song Fic: Imposter

(You know that picture of spiderman pointing at spiderman

yea that's this)

I'm looking in the mirror but that's not me

You swallow away your fear as you stare at yourself wearing guy's clothes in a guy body, your fingers intertwining nervously. Imagine waking up with blonde hair, the next day having brown. Imagine waking up with green eyes, the next day their yellow. Every person you've ever seen you can shapeshift into, whether you do it on purpose or not.

it's someone else who looks a little like me 

but they're trying way too hard

With a sigh, you run a hand through very short black hair. Bugger. You're pointless anyway.

I go outside in borrowed clothes and borrowed shoes

it seemed like the most logical thing to do

You look at your eyes in the mirror, the silver blood pumping throughout your body. Disgusting. Now you're a stupid silver. With a slow turn of your feet, you face your body towards the door.

and though my head can 

try this happens every night

Sometimes you hate it, sometimes you don't. Being an imposter isn't always the best situation you can get yourself into. Even under silentstone you can maintain your bodies form. It's an odd thing to be able to copy people's exact genetic formula.

I'm an imposter, I know

You walk out the door as a very tall male with clothes too elegant for a red. The townspeople consider you're doing a walk of shame as you storm past them, taking time digging your heels out of the fresh mud on the floor. Absolutely disgusting.

and I'm loving the bluffing but I really know nothing no

A hand grabs yours, stopping you from going even further. With a growl, you turn. You're matched with a silver male with blue eyes, looking at you with fear. He looks familiar... he looks just like the figure you were staring at in the mirror.

I wile away the weeks with a sour face 

Knowing now that someone else has took my place 

"What are you?" He asks.

"Excuse you, I'm a who not a what." You correct him, grabbing his hand and dragging him into the nearest alley. There, he tries to speak. You cut him off by running a hand through your hair, turning it it's natural length and color before looking back at him with a smile.

I wished for this I know but now I take it back 

I'll return as the slowest in the Wolfpack

"Why me?" He asks, "what were you planning to do?" 

"I don't know," you shrug, "I just woke up... as you... these clothes were a given I stole them from you a while ago." He looks shocked. He looks intrigued. 

"Don't ask, it's too early in the morning for me to explain." You wave him off. 

And all the bodies swap back to their owners, it's horribly normal again

You close your Maven crystal-blue eyes, opening them to their natural color. With a smile as you do a twirl.

"So what's it like starring at yourself? Are you as beautiful as you imagine in that head of yours?" You question with a laugh. He didn't seem amused

"How long have you been able to do that?" He asks. This catches you off guard. 

"Ever since I remember." You reply calmly. 

"And you can do anybody?" 

"Yes. I'm an imposter, of course." You walk up to him, placing your lips on his ear:

I'm an imposter, I know  

and I'm loving the bluffing but I really know nothing no 

"have fun trying to catch me again," you whisper before walking into a crowd of reds, not even waving a goodbye.