One Shot: Melusine

Your body changes, you can take the form of whatever you wish. From the waist down, you have two tails that swing along with fresh water currents. You've always been that way, you've always been a Melusine that resides in water. Sometimes you'll shift into a human, walking onto land to feel like you belong. You met somebody, a king. First, the king recognized you as the silver you were visible as. You took the form as a silver you saw walk up to your lake. Out of defense, you formed into a crocodile and dragged them underwater by the head. Quickly, the king saw how differently you behaved from the silver you're supposed to be. You're not Iris. A silencer came, thinking that you were a newblood of some sort. Then came the silent stone and that also had no effect on you. That day was a fun day. You were asked the question, "what are you." You were been having fun until that moment. You cannot answer anything with a lie.

"I am... a Melusine. I am sorry if I caused you any trouble. This is absolutely humorous." You smile, refusing to lose eye contact with the beautiful king. He looks like an Incubus; too beautiful to be human. The look on his face, everyone's face, is actually outstanding. Before you even saw their reaction you wondered if they even knew what you were. Melusine's are an old tale, dated back. Then again, you have no idea what humans learn about these days.

You look around the rooms, looking for the right window. Ah, there. You can see your lake in the distance. The king stands next to you, peering out to where you are looking.

"Is that your home?" He asks. You're surprised at his genuine interest but you don't show it.

"Yes," you whisper, turning to look at him. He continues starring down, analyzing the area. Finally, he speaks.

"Let her go, walk her to the doors and be sure she won't return again." He commands with a voice sterner than his previous words. A person grabs your arm, dragging you away from him. You let out a breath, happy they didn't ask where the original body is. Now that you're free, that isn't an issue anymore.

At least, that's what you thought.

You were basking in the sun when you suddenly heard footsteps. Retreating into the water, you shift into a fish as you hide underwater. Who could possibly be visiting your lake? From under the water, you could see a figure, a boy. The boy was looking at you with his blue eyes. He looks familiar. When you swim vertically his eyes follow you. Obviously, he knows it's you. There's also no other life in the lake so--. You swim up, earning back Iris's form as you greet him. Of course he's here. Who else would it be?

"What do you need?" You ask, resting your elbow and torso on the land as he bends down.

"Do you know where the girl you're wearing is?" He asks, seriousness in his voice. You realized how important she may have been. Hesitantly shaking your head, you begin to ease back to the water. The king watches you. You'd hate for him to be mad at you.

"She's over there," you told. That's the truth, her corpse was indeed behind you in the area you were gesturing to.

"Alive?" The king asks. Your voice cracks, "n0." Fuck. He seems a bit ticked off as he chews on his gums.

"An animal got her." Also true. You were the animal. He begins to scan the area. I'm the only animal here, you think. You need to make up for it, you can get killed for harming her. She really seems important.

"I can pretend to be her, again..." You suggest. The king squints at you, thinking about your words.

"Completely copying her knowledge and traits will be a challenge," he reminds. You nod, "explaining how she went missing is more of a challenge." You emerge from water fully as you speak. "This will be exciting."