Songfic: ODDS&ENDS

(modern Bb

the 198th OH BOY

THE NEXT ONE

HOLY SHIT

BE PREPARED

BECAUSE THE 199TH AND 200TH IS APART OF THE SAME SERIES. 

DON'T CRY BC  I WILL)

They always laugh at you but you never try to fight back

You've noticed Maven since he was a child. He has been in the same house and same neighborhood since childhood. And so have you. It's almost unfair. You've witnessed all of the bullying and pain he endured since he couldn't match his halfbrother, Cal. Even in the halls of high school does this torment remain. You only watch. You are not confident in yourself enough to get in the middle of it.

And although you tried your best you could never guess

You and Maven are not friends, but almost there. You talk a couple of times a week and the fact that you have known each other since babies also help build your relationship. But you two are very separate people with separate friends. You don't want to imagine what would happen if your world collided. 

It would all be swept away by the rain

But in the sweet moment on a rainy winter day, all of your concerns went away. Maven was sitting alone, waiting for his bus ride home. Usually, your parents would drive you from school to home. Though, today you are forced to take the bus home, which is the bus stop Maven uses. You see him standing alone through the thick rain and you almost feel bad. He looks down, not paying attention to your presence. All of the other students around you walk past with their phones in their hands, smiling to themselves. But you don't have your phone and your umbrella is the only thing that can make you smile.

I knew by a print or two that umbrella had

You stand next to Maven, rocking back and forth on your feet. He continues looking down, his hands in his pocket and his mind somewhere else. You twist your umbrella, printed with the sun on the arch, before covering him with it. He looks up, noticing the lack of rain. His blue eyes staring up at the umbrella with wonder. You think it's so cute. You never truly looked at the details of his face until that moment. His face, long and hallow, was drained of all color and hope. You remember a time where his eyes could replace the deepest seas. Now, as he looks into your eyes, you can see the dullness of them. 

Gone to something like a stray trapped in the rain

"Thanks," he finally says after a long period of you two staring. You smile at him. Your warm cheeks make him widen his eyes. He felt a weird sensation in his heart that he never felt before. You were the nicest person to him, even if all you did was as simple as covering him from the rain. To him, it was the world. He always remembered that moment and savored it like it was his rebirth. 

And then you stood close to him, sheltering you both from the rain. Your shoulder against his makes him close his eyes tightly, wishing he could stay there all night next to you. There's nobody else around, and it's just the two of you. And it's sweet like that, in only silence. 

It's just another day when they hate you being alive

At the school, the next morning Maven watched you from across the cafeteria. You played with all of your friends, smiling every second of their time. You seemed to be having so much fun. He wishes he could dream like you can. Instead, he can only sit alone mere tables away from you as he watches you have fun without him.