Songfic: Blueshift

(What the fuck is my taste in music

FUCK THIS BAND IS AMAZING WHAT)

Choked on my own words

Your devil wings stretch themselves out as you stand. You lick your lips, looking around in Maven's dream world. Darkness ensues around you as you fly around, searching for the special victim for today.

not everything turns out right

The waterfall Maven was standing next to was lacking water, the liquid being blood instead. The rock formations surrounding it were all black and charcoal-looking. The land of the succubus. 

Just one more thing

You land right behind Maven. He is a lot taller than you but with the high heels that cling onto your feet, you manage to wrap your hands around his shoulders. His hair brushes against your cheek as you lean your chin on one of his shoulders. Your chest is pressed up against his back as you devilish tail starts wrapping around his upper thigh. 

"Who are you?" He asks plainly. Aaah~ you love it when they know they're dreaming.

"I'm the woman of your dreams," you say as you unwrap yourself from him. You walk in front of him, revealing your form to him. He looks down at you, his fingers feeling the need to wrap around you. He takes a step back, declining his needs.

"So you confirm this is a dream." He simply says. His blue eyes flicker with curiosity as you walk towards him. 

You nod, "of course it's a dream." As you go on your tiptoes, face to face with him, you touch your noses with him. 

"You can do whatever you want to me." You whisper. You kiss him softly, your lips dancing against his. Your demon tongue went into his mouth and almost down his throat. Your claws tap against his neck, feeling the vibrations as he groans.

Please hold me down

You pull away from him. Before he could fully open his eyes you slam him against the wall of rocks, your tails swinging back and forth rapidly and you chuckle.

This feels so familiar

Nothing physical about Maven is different from the other men. His touch, his eyes, and his taste is all the same. Yet something about his mind is so blank compared to others. He seems to unexplainably empty.

Keep searching

Your hands go up his shirt as you feel his skin with your warm hands. He shivers, his hands start to shake.

"What are you?" He asks, about to push you off. You blink. What? 

"I'm just a normal girl of your dreams, play with me, only here." You whisper as you try to kiss him again. He pushes you off.

"I don't dream." He says slowly. You blink again, tilting your head. 

"You don't... dream?" You ask slowly. You've never encountered this before. A person who doesn't dream. Somebody self-aware. 

Let's move on

You cross your arms, sighing. 

"You don't you dream?" You lean against a nearby rock with a scowl on your face. Maven stands next to you, looking back at the waterfall.

"My mother took away my ability to dream. I knew something was wrong when I first came here." He explains with an emotionless voice. You huff. 

Absorbed by the moment

"Whatever. Be happy you get to keep your life," you whisper to him before stepping off.

Dread in its salted form

"I'll probably see you when you wake up... if I'm not already gone." You say as you open your wings. He just watches you, wondering. You don't look back when you start flying away.

This sound an acquaintance