The Flower That Bloomed That Summer

(I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY WRITING THE ACTUAL CHARACTER'S NAMES INSTEAD OF THE RED QUEEN ONES GAH)

Final

"Let's talk to (Y/N) for real this time," Samson had said before wrapping his arm around Maven's shoulders. Tears were still drying on the Super Peace Busters' cheeks as they just got down discussing (Y/N)'s status. Samson, the most heartbroken, was ready to complete (Y/n) goal, "leader," he whispered to Maven.

"Because we all aren't the Super Peace Buster's without all six of us!" Kilorn enthused. They all looked at each other with the new information they enclosed in mind. Whether it was what they saw, or how they viewed each other. They were ready to help you move on for real.

When Maven ran into his house, yelling your name, what he saw wasn't what he expected. You were lying on the floor on your side with a smile on your face. "Welcome home," you spoke quietly. 

"(Y/N), what's wrong?" Maven asks, pulling you into his lap. He looks down at your closed eyes, his hands shaking as he tries to figure out what is wrong.

"It seems like my wish..." you grab your wrist, bringing it to your chest, "has already been granted." Maven's eyes widen. His mind was racing. What did he do? What had happened? 

"I remember... I have always felt left out," you explain. Maven thinks back. He would have never guessed. You always said you loved all of them, but if he thinks of it, everybody was in groups. Whether it was him, Kilorn, and Mare who'd always hang out or Samson and Iris, you never was left with a specific friend. "All I wanted was to be known as a member of the Super Peace Buster's. All six of us," you smiled. You explained more, but Maven wasn't listening. He was thinking about how you came back all this way just to feel apart of the group he thought you were happy in. 

He sucks air through his teeth, trying to retain his tears. You open your eyes, looking up at him. You lift up a hand, placing your fingers into his hair. 

"Maven is crying again..." You whisper. He avoids your eyes, trying not to seem weak to you. "I guess it's almost time to say goodbye," the skin on your hand goes transparent, and soon enough, so do your legs. 

"Wait, you can't go yet!" Maven exclaims, grabbing your wrist. You widen your eyes. "You can't only say goodbye to me," he adds as he puts you against his chest, picking you up.

"I always wanted to see you, to call out your name, to tell you I was sorry, to tell you I loved you," he explains while not looking at you. He closes his eyes, trying not to let more tears out. You always wanted to hear those words. Ever since you were a child. 

"But everyone feels the same way! They all love you, and they all miss you. We were going to go there tonight to all hang out once again, but I guess this'll be our last time." He adds, beginning to walk. You let out a breathe you didn't know you were holding in. Maven runs outside, where the brisk air runs against his skin. You can barely feel how cold it is. Maven runs all the way, carrying you like a bride.

He wanted to make your wish come true, but not this suddenly.

I love you, Maven...

He wants to be with you forever, to show you how much he loves you. 

Thank you...

Maven slams the door open, grabbing everybody's attention. They're all sitting around a table, waiting for him to bring you. As he's about to speak, he feels you slipping from his arms. His first thought is that he dropped you, but he couldn't see you anymore. He frantically began looking around, screaming your name. But you just stood next to him, wondering why he couldn't see you anymore.