One Shot: Forgetfulness

(modern? I dunno

Also i had to change pronouns so if there is a mistake oh well)

Nobody would imagine the amazing (Y/N) to have a secret side. Maven never imagined someone like you would be different from everybody else. You blend in perfectly. Yet somehow you're so different.

You're different, the teacher's whisper.

You're different, your friends whisper.

You're different, the school whispers.

It's during school when Maven sees you again. Maven and his little group of friends always sit outside the school during one of the periods. You don't know this. At least, he doesn't believe you do. But he hears you from around the corner. He heard you shuffling, he heard you whispering to herself. His friends hear you, too. They whisper to each other about you, laughing and rolling their eyes when they see beads of sweat roll down Maven's neck. None of them move from their spot, it is like they are being held down by chains. They wouldn't dare say a word.

Finally, you turn the corner with a big smile as you waves to them. Maven's heartbeat quickens as he has a sudden urge to leave. Get away from here. I don't want these emotions.

"Just passing by," you speak as you walk past. They don't reply.

Maven is the only one who watches you walk away.

The school has no gate, only a lining of trees. You end up walking right into them. He stares at the spot, expecting you to walk back out. You don't.

"You'd have to give her credit," Iris starts, "she's good at pretending everything is fine." Her voice is thinly layered with an accent from her birthland.

"You think she's pretending?" Maven lets out as he puts his thumb to his mouth. Do you think she remembers? He rephrases in his head. Iris lets out a giggle and stands up, turning her skirt over so the grass moist grass stains are in the front.

"You know how smart she is." Samson intrudes. Everyone silently agrees.

"You know how smart she is," Maven mocks to himself. Iris bends over to place a hand on his shoulder as he refuses to stand before her. Her dark hair falls over her eye as she gives a small smile on her colored lips.

"Let's get going, you would not want to get held back for missing too many classes." Iris teases as she stands. Everyone does what they want. Whether it's to stay or to follow. 

Doing lunch they stay in the same place, sitting on the ground and eating stolen bags of grease.

Evangeline smacks her hand against the outer wall of the school, getting all of our attention. "What do you want?" She asks what Maven thought was the air.

"Alright guys," you start to talk. Maven inhales sharply and shoves a chocolate bar in his mouth, refusing to chew. "I don't like it when people are in my way, especially girls!" You point to Iris, who only laughs. Maven looks around before standing up.

Evangeline cheers him on with her eyes as he reaches out and pushes you, not wanting to seem weak in front of his peers. Still, it's hard to push you; you. Somebody so beautiful. 

"Rude!" You exclaim. Like a little girl, you fake cry for a second. Iris smiles at the reaction, getting amusement from the show. After letting out a vulgar word you storm away.

"Idiot," Evangeline says out loud, and shrugs.

Maven watches you walk away and feels a familiar feeling in his chest. He remembers the beginning of that feeling, you being in the hospital invoking it. He brought you flowers every day. Elara always tried to convince him you were gone but he never gave up hope.

The day you woke up he was right by your side. The day you were released from the hospital was much later, he was not supposed to be by your side. He was told not to because you didn't remember him. You didn't remember anything. Everyone tells him to give up on you. Everyone tells him to let you live your life without him. But he won't. Because he loves you too much.