Songfic: Here

"So tell me, what do you fear the most?" You sit on the floor in the junkyard with Maven by your side, your body covered by mostly leather. Edgy teenagers just hanging around, talking about the world. Your eyes glance over to him as he glances over to you, waiting for you to finish your sentence.

"Losing someone or getting lost, or both?" You smile as you finish your little questionnaire. You bring your legs up to your chest, spreading them to make yourself a little more badass. Maven smacks his lips together in a thinking motion. He doesn't want to answer the question, he's taking his time. He stares at the lines of graffiti on the walls, contemplating whether or not you'll give up waiting for him to say anything.

In the middle of nowhere you're dissolving

Maven didn't notice your hands as they hold a can of spray paint, you tap in rhythm to his heartbeat. The wind is non existent, there's no other sound. His heartbeat is the loudest thing in the world.

I am here, I am here, so please

You sigh, tossing the spray paint bottle away before intertwining you and Maven's fingers.

Don't let go

"You don't have to answer." You whisper quietly to him.

Let me be there with you one last time 

Maven places another hand over yours, patting it gently while pursing his lips together.

"I'm sorry." You mutter out. You hated letting go of your bad girl mystique around him but you just feel bad if you don't.

You know this overwhelming grief

It will always be here

Maven looks up at the moon, just noticing how late it's gotten. Sometimes he wishes you'd just go to sleep at a normal time and be a normal human. He worries that you'll go down so far you won't be able to crawl back up. You click your tongue, letting go of his hand to stand up. You shouldn't start worrying about Maven all of a sudden. 

So tell me, who do I have to blame?

He probably hates that.

I know I've lost you long ago

"If you wanted to go back you could have said so," you whisper before shoving your hands in your jean pockets. Maven looks up at you, "you looked like you were having fun." He comments before standing up.

Hanging on, keeping it together

"Let's go." You say before walking, not bothering to look back to him. He stays a bit behind you the entire walk. Neither of you want to say a thing. You both think in your heads as you both stare at the ground. There is rubbish scattered from centimeter to centimeter, for some reason only adding to the coolness of the place.

You know it's hard to disapear

You love hanging around in areas where nobody else goes. It makes you feel indifferent. It makes you feel happy. You feel obligated to bring Maven with you. You try to get Maven to have fun, you try to make him different from everybody else. In your eyes he's beautiful but... too average. He likes everything everyone else likes. He's too used to being alone and grouped together. You're just trying to get out his unique side.

You know, this overbearing fear

Is always in my mind

You don't want him to be sad around you. But he always seems let down. He doesn't enjoy the places you do, he just wants to see you happy.

I'm so weak

Unprepared

I simply cannot take it

Maven walks up to your side, taking your hand into his calmly. He doesn't see your cheeks heating up. He says nothing about it, you say nothing about it.

There's nothing left for me here

In your eyes, holding Maven's hand is like holding the hand of an empty shell. It's so odd how he's so blank. So empty. Always thinking. He's always been like that. He's never changed.

It will always be here

You don't think he'll ever change.