Songfic: Love Like You

If I could begin to be

You draw out your sword, unwittingly making the people in the room uncomfortable. You begin to polish it, tuning out all of the white noise around you. All of them are useless. You look like a warrior compared to all of the other members of the highhouses. Unlike them, you actually have experience in war and fighting.

Half of what you think of me

Maven sits down next to you, leaning on you unwittingly. You look at him. You smile. Maven looks at you with his young blue eyes. You wish Maven was as strong-willed as you. You wish for him to have the power and muscle that you have. Then, he would be perfect. But he's weak. He's too weak. 

Maven thinks of you as the most badass female. You wish you'd agree, but you can't help but hide away your fear of everything. You block out everybody not for strength, but for weakness.

I could do about anything

You're used to the feeling of standing on top of the hill, staring at a sunset. You're used to people viewing you from behind, just seeing you standing with the wind in your hair and a sword in your hand. That's not who you really are. You can't slice through hundreds of silvers and reds. You won't sleep in the forest just for a hiding place. You can't walk straight into battle without a second thought. You're just not... that. But you're forced to be.

I can even learn how to love

You up to Maven. Your heartbeat quickens. Is this truly how you feel? You put down your sword, resting it underneath your chair. And then, you lean on his shoulder. It's a small movement, the meaning powerful. You truly care about him. And he truly cares about you. You're scared of being with Maven in front of everybody. Somebody like you should find a heart in Ptolemus or Cal. Not somebody like Maven.

When I see the way you act

Wondering when I'm coming back

The way Maven clings onto your hand when you try to leave for a mission is what makes you truly feel. You have to go, obviously. But just the thought that you have somebody who will miss you a weep for your return. It's a good reason to live a life like yours.

I always thought I might be bad

The things you do are terrible, but the money for them is spectacular. Ever since you were little you'd try and convince yourself you aren't as bad as everyone thinks. It's your way of coping with the murder, thinking yourself as the good guy. but ever since you've met Maven...

Now I'm sure that it's true

'cause I think you're so good

And I'm nothing like you

You know what a true heart is like. Even with his head is clouded with negativity, you can hold his heart close to him and show him it really exists. You're sure you don't have a heart. There's no way you can be the same as a wonderful boy like Maven. There's no way you're human. No way...

I just adore you

Sometimes Maven sees you laying on the floor in his room. He lays opposite to you, your ears touching as you both stare at the ceiling. You'd move your hand so it touches his cheek. How romantic. Maven enjoys it, and so do you.

I wish that I knew

What makes you think I'm so special