Songfic Series 3: The Gift of a Princess Who Brought Sleep

(Shit goes down here--)

Please lay your worries to rest and sleep with my gift

Your eyes shake at the sight of Mare next to Maven. He smiles at her, she smiles at him. Despair.

I am the Sandman, I am the sleep bringing princess 

She doesn't deserve to be with him. You deserve him, you deserve to be the princess. You're far more beautiful than her. Why must she even exist?

It was an arranged marriage brought together by politics

He didn't even truly love her. Why must they even be together? 

Nevertheless, I still loved you so deeply

You can never be mad at Maven. It is not his fault that girl is with him. It is her fault, obviously. Her fault for even existing.

She walks in the castle and thinks she can claim him for her own.

But I'd loved you from the start of everything.

Mare walks by you, rubbing her eyes. The day has been long for her. She even has Lucas by her side, seemingly bored. 

"I can't bear to see you tired. I have what you require." You grab her arm, holding a bottle in your hand. Mare looks at you with a confused look.

"Let me give you this marvelous medicine. For Maven's lover, after all!" You smile at her. Disgusting, you think.

"Why?" She questioned.

"It will give you such sweet dreams and heal your weathered body. It is a present with love from me." You show innocence as you force the bottle into her hand. Of course, the purple liquid is a combination of cleaning liquids you found in the room for the reds. That's what they get for forcing reds beneath them. Their little princess will be gone forever. You wave as Lucas drags Mare down the hall.

Bringing eternal slumber for all your happiness.

You walk down the hallways of the castle, looking out the windows. You can see lights from a distant town. It's too late, why aren't they sleeping? Sleeping... they should all be asleep.

You place your fingers on the glass window. Asleep...

For the sake of everyone who just can't seem to sleep

I'll make them a sleep medicine as a gift, on me

~

With a smile, you hand the village people your little drinks, "close your eyes now and let everything disappear," you'd tell them. You're doing good in the world, giving people the gift of sleep. All for Maven... to make sure you'll be the best wife to him one day. 

Everyone, after drinking my gift, everyone in town

Have all now found happiness, every single one.

Now it seems I'm the only one who cannot find sleep at all

You return to Maven, a half-empty bottle in your hand. For him, this is all for him. He looks at you in confusion. He sees the dirt clinging to your ankles, your dress torn by the forest's grasps.

"Are you okay?" He asks. You smile to him. 

"You can sleep so pleasantly with my amazing gift." You tell him, holding out the bottle. He shakes his head, grabbing you. He tries to be gentle, looking soft. You growl.

Back in those days I was only a pawn

You back away from him, the bottle's liquid bubbling against your thrashing.

"I'm not your servant anymore! My sleep medicine is the gift from the god's! Come, join me!" You exclaim. 

"(Y/N)," he mutters sadly. "What did I do to you?" He whispers sadly. You slowly shake your head, "I was already broken long ago." Maven's eyes went from you to behind you, his gaze shakey.

Elara.

This sleep Bringing Princess is now the Sleeping Beauty.