One Shot: The More You Sing prt. 2

(can you tell the difference in writing? This is hurting me to read

mostly because it's all past tense

BTW this story actually has like 2 OC's in it. 

I mean, not in this part

but in the future

So if you don't like oc's oh well amirite.)

A knock on the door vibrated your back. You were looking down, not wanting to see Julian's reaction.

"Elara says you need to come out." A familiar male voice said. The voice, as you've heard countless of times before, was Prince Maven. You could feel him leaning against the wood. You tense up, scooted out of the doors way as you look at Julian. He's rubbing his temples. 

"Did she?" You asked skeptically, not getting up. Julian looked so frustrated. Maven went silent, not expecting a female voice to respond. Of course, only Julian and Elara (and so, Evangeline) know you exist. 

"I did." Elara's voice came from the other side of the door. Julian was already opening the door as you pulled yourself up. You saw Elara as she stood with a boy at her side. As you glanced at the boy, a warm feeling overcame you. It was a man with black hair and light blue eyes. You held your breath, not daring to even force a smile. You could feel your face getting hot. Elara put the attention on you as she stared into your soul. Maven was looking at you also, examining your figure.

"Maven, this is (Y/N). I want you to become familiar with her. She can teach you a lot." Elara said. Your gaze went to Julian as he gave you a quick 'I don't know either' look. 

"What house are you in?" Maven asks. It's so awkward. 

"It doesn't matter." You mutter, putting your hand on the door as if to try and close it. The 'get out of my face' gesture was obvious, Elara squinted her eyes at you. God, do you hate her eyes. You gave her a faked smile before walking deeper into the room. Julian spoke some words to Elara, but as you glanced over there, you saw Maven looking at you. You shook your head and continued staring out the window.

During the middle of the night, you snuck out through the hallways as everybody slept. The forest was now pitch black. Your parasol was still on your back and a flashlight in your hand. You just sat on a branch, by the borderline of the trees, fidgeting with your ring. You wonder where it's from, how it got to be? Is it cursed? You fancy the thought of objects with history. You really desire to have a place where you can put all of these things. Doesn't that sound fun?

"What's that parasol for?" A voice asked you. You looked at the owner, Maven, and smirked. To be fair, you completely expected somebody visiting you in the night. It always happens, oddly. It's just like you lure people in.

"It's a magic parasol, it reflects whatever spell comes my way." You answered proudly, pretending it was a gun and shooting the closest bird you could spot. The bird looked at you, a loud noise scarring it off. That loud noise was Maven coming closer, still staring at you. 

"So, (Y/N), what do you do?" Maven asked, sitting under the tree you were in. 

"I capture people. Like an assassin, mostly." You answered plainly. You could imagine Maven crossing his arms, the person he seemed to be. You are used to looking into people's character and how they act. You wonder what he thinks about you. An emotionless asshole? A mary-sue? A person with a mother and father and a happy life?

You idiots were sitting in silence since that little question. Something near a tree caught your eye, something that was bright yellow. It was a flower. It's odd looking, how come you've never noticed it before? You keep staring at it. Then, it moves. Once the flower processed through your mind your eyes lit up.

"Look at that flower!" You exclaimed, jumping from the tree and running over to the flower. You sat in the dirt in front of it as you hear Maven's words, "wow, I never expected you to like flowers." 

"You can use it in healing spells! These are so rare around here--" you heard Maven laugh which stopped you from continuing. You quickly pulled the flower from its stem and placed it in your bag. You stood up quickly, brushing the dirt off of your pants. You had a goofy yet proud look on your face, and you didn't realize it. "I really do like flowers," you whispered as you play with a piece of your hair. You turned to Maven, giving him a smile.

"You should learn to recognize flowers, they can be a great fortune." You informed him. After you said that, you bite your lips. 'She can teach you a lot,' Elara is right. Why does it feel weird that she's right? You guys then heard a feminine laugh echo, it was gone right when it started.

"What was that?" You asked, not showing fear. But the sound of the laugh brings goosebumps to your skin.

"You've never heard that? We hear it all the time around here." Maven replied, unknowingly dodging the question.

"What was it though?" He went silent, causing a chill to run down your spine. Maybe it was another silver having fun in the woods at night. Seems unlikely. But, if Maven did follow you out here, you guess it's not that unlikely. But who was the voice?