Songfic: Ningen Datta

("I Was Human"

Can't relate

My fav quote in this fic: "As you two were quietly standing next to each other, you still developed a screaming desire louder than any silence" 

Okay but headass I literally got up and like cried when I wrote this)

Flowers that fade like all of the days I loved, they died out

You were the first newblood discovered by Prince Maven and his entire house. You were exposed to the company of everybody who attended the Queenstrial with Evangeline watching over you like a vulture. You were the one that decided your fate that day. And after that, and after Elara changed your name, you were forced to dress in layers of bright lies. In all honesty, you didn't pay attention to Maven when you were first forced to get engaged to him. You looked at the things you used to love doing and looked back in disgust. You were truly getting used to becoming a silver. 

Cal would always give you his hand to support on, but you knocked it away. You don't need him to help you. You don't need anybody to help you. All you need is yourself in this crazy, wild world. 

"You are the most stubborn red I've ever met," Maven says as he stands next to you, looking at you as you look out a window. He has a small on his face while you stay emotionless. He looks at you, squinting his eyes at how easily you fit into being a silver. 

"And you are the most irrelevant silver I've ever met," you reply with a mocking smile. Maven is surprised, almost offended. You try to walk away. You don't want to talk to him. You hate to admit it, but you were happy just being a servant. You never wanted to be apart of the people you were cleaning up after. You never wanted to be a silver. And you don't and never will have any patience for them. 

"If you're going to spend the rest of your life with me, you're going to have to be a little nicer." Maven says as he grabs your arm. 

And all, and all, and all I feel is pain

You can feel his hot fingers tingling against your arm. Your chest clenches as you try not to turn towards him. You are trying not to pay any attention to any silvers. You don't want to. They are the ones that took your life away from you. They are the ones that will all perish one day. You are trying to think this way, but inside, you don't. A part of you wants to stay with Maven. A part of you knows that he wants to protect you. But you don't want him to. You want to maintain your own status of not caring for silvers. 

"Being rude to me is not going to benefit you in the future," he says in a softer voice. You turn to him slowly, looking into his sensitive blue eyes. You see through them easily. There's no way he's as innocent as he's trying to be.

"I'm sorry," you blatantly say. Maven lets go of your arm, and you walk away.

I shoulda known that, I shoulda known that, I shoulda known that 

I won't see you again

Maven watched you walk, loving how fun you are. A part of his mind was twisted. He never really loved you passionately. He loved the thought of being married to you forever and keeping you trapped with him. He has a passion for the way you exist and how you act. But you aren't playing the game like he wants you to. And frankly, it's kind of making him happy. 

We were the same in both the heart and mind

You don't exactly distaste standing next to Maven or talking to him. Sometimes it's pleasant. You love looking at his pointy cheekbones and slim face. He never fails to fill you with acknowledgment, something you have learned to appreciate. You can't decide whether you like him or not. All you know how to do if lie to yourself. Maven knows how that feels. You both grew to be indifferent towards marrying each other. You both had internal fights about whether or not it's worth it to admit feelings towards each other.