Songfic prt. 1: Breaking Things into Pieces

Why do I enjoy breaking things so much!

A flower lies in your hand, withering quickly as you suck its life force. With that your skin lifts, your eyes light up. Beautiful, you tell yourself, I'm so beautiful.

Since I could remember I destroyed many things

Your ma pulling you inside to get your cloak as you switch towns again, another incident where you end up killing your fellow peers. At least you look young, far too beautiful for your age. You never felt bad when you attacked these people. You felt... beautiful.

People get angry and cry

Their faces look so scary

Goodbye ma, you said as the silvers took you away. Ma reached out for you with her good hand until you were out of her view. Gone forever. Stuck in the prison to keep away from everybody. Different Merandus would come into your little cell and torture your brain, trying to see your backstory and how you got your powers. They found nothing, you didn't know a thing. So peculiar you are.

Although these things break so easily

People still treasure them

You could easily break out, consume the bars and take the life of every soldier. But... you don't. You stay. It's the best thing you could do for other people. At least there's some worth in that.

When people place them where I could reach

People make sure to stay very far away from you. Never would you even catch somebody a yard close to you. They fear their own life, how selfish. 

One day is quiet, too quiet. The distant footsteps of a man coming down made you anxiously excited. You smile. You giggle. 

"What visitor do I have today?" You ask. You were unable to see, they wrapped your eyesight with a bandage. If you looked down enough you could see the tip of your toes through the tight wrap.

The more memories you have with it

"King Maven Calore." He greets himself. He's closer than you thought, you take a step back in surprise. Nevertheless, you bow, a sarcastic phrase leaving your lips: "welcome, my king!" You could hear the sound of his breathing, the sound deep inside of him.

The more I break it.

"King... Calore." You whisper, thinking out loud. "That would mean your father is the king? Well," you pause, "if you are the king that means your father is no longer here... and your brother..." You tease.

"My brother is no longer in the palace, he's a rebel, going against his own kind." Maven explains.

"Keep telling yourself that~" you coo. Is he frustrated? Is he embarrassed? You wish you could see his face, read his emotions. All you have is the sound of his breathing, his voice, and his footsteps. You are completely in the dark. Unable to grab his life from under him.

The more emotions are put into it

"You have a big mouth for a little prisoner." He teases back. You pause. Little? By the sound of his footprints, he didn't sound like a big guy. Were you that small? Skinny? How long has it been since you've eaten a true meal. How old must you look now? 

The harder I break it

"How old do you believe I am, my king?" You ask. You fingers begin peeling at each other as you await his answer.

"Little prisoner." He repeated, "I think you're little. Not old, not young. Little." You huff at his response as you turn around.

"What do you want? You're invading my privacy." You question him. You hear him shuffle.

Breathing weakly

Living happily.

"I want to let you go." He states. He sounds like a statue, completely emotionless and serious. You whip around.

"You want to do what?" Amazing, utterly amazed. Imagine seeing ma again. Imagine being a beautiful young girl again. Imagine taking the souls of each person you see again.

I love the "you" who is in love with me

"I'm being serious. Why do you have bandages on your head, remind again?" What the fuck. He sounded the opposite of serious. Like... completely not serious. 

"Your mother." You respond. He lets out only an "ah" before you hear him walking closer. You walk closer too, trying to see if you can reach out to him. End him here and now and leave.

You feel his hands around your head, unwrapping the old worn thing. You blink. Then there was light. So bright, but not the brightest. Your eyes adjust quickly. You dash closer to the bar, ready to grab him. But you pause. Beautiful. His blue eyes stare into yours. Soft, unknowing. You'll pass on killing him today. The bars are a lot bigger than you remember, and you're a lot skinnier than you remember. You easily slip through them without Maven even saying a word. So skinny, so so skinny. Maven tilts his head, holding out his hand with a smirk.

"I can't." You whisper firmly as you start walking. He follows. His hands are behind his back, his torso leaning forward. His cape trails behind him elegantly as he takes his time with each step.

"I'll let you see your mother, but you're staying here for the most part. You're getting an upgrade." Maven says as he beats you to the stairs. You have to wait a couple steps before following him, his cape far too long. 

"Agreeable." You whisper. Your hands trail on the crusty railing. No more prison, no more bandages. More castle, more King Maven. Interesting, too interesting. You can't wait to see a mirror, see how old you look. How will you get your souls now? Oh dear.