Oneshot: Creatures

(There's a white church thing in New Orleans that says vampires live in the attic so I'm like

okay)

Light pears over the buildings, leaving the alleyways completely black. You stand in the alley with Maven, fearing the sunlight. 

His vampire lower bite was hardly as noticeable as your gargoyle upper bite.  

Your wings folded over your human back as you lean against the wall, reaching your hand out to the light. Your hands turned to stone, completely unmovable. Once you put it back to the shadows it returned to normal. 

Maven smirked.

"Yeah, you're lucky all you do is turn to stone." He teases. You give him with a small smirk. He runs a hand through his hair, biting his lip before sulking farther into the darkness.

"We should get going, people are going to start coming soon." He explains. You nod slowly, agreeing with him. You wish you were allowed to go into the sun, the beautiful hope shining with the morning. But you're a creature of the night and it will always be that way. Seeing how early it's getting you follow Maven down the alleyway, somehow wishing you'd leave sooner. 

With Maven's cloak over his body, you mimic his actions as you both run across the street. One slip and Maven would die. One slip and you would be stuck as stone until the moon came again. 

To the church, you both go to the place you rest. Nobody notices the missing gargoyle as they wonder about the tales of the vampires. New Orleans has always been this mysteries. Turning into a bat, Maven flies to the top of the building and in through the broken window in the attic. You look both ways for humans before slowly turning into a gargoyle and mimicking his actions. At least Maven can do that without fearing getting caught, bats are normal here. Gargoyles are not. Plus, you are far much bigger than he is when you transform. 

You two rest in the attic of this Church, the small room barely big enough for 6 people. You can see down at the people through the blinds, even with how damaged they are the people seem to not be able to see you back. You and Maven talk all day, hold hands, and dream about a life with sunlight.