The Flower We Saw That Day: Forget It, Don't Forget

Forget It, Don't Forget

"Hey, Mavey," Kilorn whispers to him. They are sitting outside of the shack in the woods, waiting for Mare to stop cleaning the inside. Maven looks at him from the spot he sits.

"Where is (Y/N) now?" Kilorn asks. Maven sighs, looking out into the woods, "she's not around." Kilorn stands up, looking down at Maven. His voice booms, "really? Then what about we go check her house?" Kilorn enthuses. Maybe something about her wish is in her house. Maven thinks about you, how curious you are about your wish. He sighs.

"Wouldn't it be better if (Y/N) comes with us?" Maven asks, leaning forward. "But sure," he quickly adds."

"Great! Now that that's settled, let me text Samson..." Kilorn says to himself as he pulls out his phone.

"I always thought that nobody would change at all after I saw everyone again..." Kilorn talks to Mare as them and Maven walk down a street together, towards your house. 

"People do change, little by little," Mare comments back. Maven can't help but think about how your mother will react to them showing up. Will she ask them to leave? Will she be sad? Will she hate them? But as they finally knock on the door of your home, your mother was very positive towards them all. She happily invites them into your home.

"I can't believe everybody came here. (Y/N) would be so happy, too!" She exclaims, her hands loosely covering her mouth.

"Would you like to say hello to her?" Your mother asks. Mare is the first to respond, nodding as she walks over to your shrine. There are flowers on each corner of the setup, a single picture of you in the middle. Mare gets on her knees and rings the bell twice, staring at the picture of you. Kilorn and Maven sit behind her. Something is bothering Maven, though. He feels off. You are dead. He's known that all along... Maven turns around to see your mother looking down at all of her, sorrow in her eyes. He looks back at the picture of you.

"Hey, Iris," two girls she doesn't know call after her at the end of their last period. Iris zips up her bag, looking at them. "We want you to give this to Samson." In their hand is a pink envelope with a red heart on it. One of the girls is blushing. Iris stands up, throwing her back over her shoulder, "you're in the same class, you should do it yourself." She says. She tries to walk away. This happens all the time. Samson is considered very attractive to most of the girls, and Iris just happens to be in the same boat. Most of the young students always ask her to give him love letters, and the same happens to Samson.

"Wait a sec," one of the girls calls out rudely, "you can't just act all high and mighty because you are his friend!" Iris stands still, not facing them. "I knew it, you liked Samson all along!" The other girl calls out. Iris turns around. Her eyebrows are down, she's obviously mad. But she won't raise her voice. She was not taught to do so.

"Hey, Iris?" Samson calls from the door. He's leaning on it with his arms crossed. Iris is quick to turn to him and walk over while the girl's just stormed away. Samson shuffles a laugh.

"I sort of went with the flow... we saw your mom today." Maven says, his plate of food sitting in front of him. He's sitting at the dinner table with you on his side. Your face heats up. 

"Confiscated!" You yell, dragging his plate of food away from him. With it, you sit at the other side of the table. Maven gasps.

"Why... would you do something like that?" You put your head down. Maven doesn't move, he just looks concerned in your direction. 

"(Y/N)," he whispers. His heart starts to fly. He feels regret, he knew it was a bad idea. He doesn't like seeing you like this. He can't believe he even decided to tell you.

"If you do that then my mom will remember me," you explain quietly. Maven lets air pass through his lips as he leans forward. "I'm putting my mom though lots and lots of sadness. I don't want to make her any more sad. I don't want to make her remember me anymore!" Tears slowly fall down your cheeks, landing on the tablecloth below you.

"You may not want her to remember, but that's impossible." Maven informs you. He tries to continue, but you just cut him off.

"I don't care if it's impossible! I want her to forget me, to be happy!" You look at him, leaning his way. Your cheeks are red and your eyes are puffy. He leans back, "yeah right. You said yourself you'd be happy if we all remembered you. So cut that out already!" He hits his hand down on the table. You close your eyes, looking down. The tears stream faster. He stands up, clenching his fists. 

"You're always worrying about others like that. Think about yourself a little more!" He exclaims. You look up at him. Why am I yelling like this? He wonders, what the hell am I doing, really?