Purple prt. 1

You've never shed a single drop of blood in front of anybody in the royal family. Except one person. Elara. 

You were a special individual, the daughter of a silver and a new blood. You brought something new to the table that Elara found out about only moments after you were born. She killed your parents and everybody that witnessed you while cutting off your tongue, making you unable to say a word all of your life.

Your blood was neither red nor silver. Purple. The dark color of purple ran through your veins and pulsated through your heart. Your power wasn't like a new blood, it was more. Your power was all, you held the ability to do all of the houses abilities. And it isn't like House Tyros, mimicking powers to a lesser sense. You could master all of the abilities to their full extent. You tried healing your tongue, but she'd just cut it off again. You gave up trying to escape, you gave up on everything.

Elara trained you ever since you were small, keeping you in a padded cell underneath the castle. Now you're 20, sitting alone and boney in your cell and waiting for Elara to come to torture you again. She hasn't come in awhile, and you were getting lonely. You began creating flowers in your palm and watching them grow. The yellow unique petals grew out towards the ceiling, the green leaves curling up. You're eyes moved around it, taking in every detail. 

And then the door opened, you stood up quicker than you wanted as the flower dropped to the floor. When a new person walked in you stepped back in fear, cowering in the corner of the room. The new person was tall, wearing a hard uniform with he colors being red and black. Their hair was black and unkept, their blue eyes as hallow as their cheeks. A guy. A sad looking guy. He looked at you with what seemed like bewilderment for a second as it quickly got replaced with hatred.

"What are you called? What is your name?" He questioned, tilting his head up as we walked closer to you. You shook your head and didn't break eye contact. His body was against yours, holding you in place as he placed his fingers on your chin. You opened your mouth and looked at your cut off tongue. "Tch," was all he said before backing off. He looked around your little cell, glancing at all the small decorations. He stepped on the flower in the process and you winced.

"You have no records, no files. Did you know that? You don't even exist," he almost laughed, "But what makes you so important? I mean, you look like a normal red, maybe even sickly..." He lowered his voice a bit, his head tilted your way. His eyelids were dropped and his mouth open a bit as his tongue slid between his teeth. He looked distraught. You would ask him if everything was alright if you could. He walked up to you again, his hand against your wrist. The shine of the blade made you squirm a bit. You looked away as you felt the blade against your skin, revealing your blood. Like a House Haven you made yourself disappear for a second before the guy squeezed your wrist and made you visible again. You made inhuman sounds as you tried to get away from his grip. He used him free arm to grab your chin and force you to look at him. His blue eyes were shaded, he looked insane.

"What are you?" His voice was hoarse as he continued starring into your pupils. He knew you couldn't answer but he kept you in that position for a painful second. 

"My mother cared about you more than anything in the world, she paid so much attention to you." He ranted. You turned your head away from him. In response he pressed himself against you as his head was closed to yours, not exactly romantic in your eyes. Mother? So this is Elara's son...

"But you're lucky... She's gone now" He whispered. He backed off and headed towards the door. You walked quickly, grabbing his hand. You healed yourself in the process but a touch of purple blood stained his sleeve. Your tongue, you thought, now you're free. Your tongue healed quicker than you imagined as you tried mouthing together words. Your vocabulary was short. You've never heard the words "thank you." So you said the only compliment you've ever heard.

"Good." Your words were clammy, syllables stuck together. But he got what you meant. 

"My name is Maven, call for me whenever you need something." He smiled a bit, more like a grin, but it meant something to you. And then he shrugged you off and left you in the room. You placed a hand on the cold door, mumbling a bit. Time to work on your speech, to train alone and wait for the day you get to go outside and see the beautiful world for what it is.